Browsing All Posts By admin
Zoeller 585-0005 Aquanot II Battery Backup Pedestal Sump Pump
The availability of sump pumps in the market these days have definitely made our lives a lot easier. It allows us to go on a trip away from home with peace of mind knowing that something has been taking good care of our basement and making it safe and protected from flood and moisture. Most homeowners used to deal with issues of a flooded basement which tend to lead to even bigger issues such as damages in their home’s foundation and even to their valuable appliances and furniture. Thanks to sump pumps, such issues are now taken care of. You can find several types of sump pumps in the market, and good example is the pedestal type. One of the most preferred pedestal type sump pumps is the Zoeller 585-0005, a pedestal sump pump with features a battery backup just in case power interruptions occur.
Features of the Zoeller 585-0005 Pedestal Sump Pump
When it comes to providing high value features to the users, the Zoeller 585-0005 sump pump will never disappoint you. It acts as the secondary sump pump to provide support to your primary sump pump especially in cases when it fails. This is particularly useful when you are out of town during rainy or winter seasons. Since it has a battery powered system, you won’t have to worry about any power interruptions in the event that a power outage takes place.
The battery backup system is highly reliable. It comes with a powerful 12 volts motor along with a contact float switch for easy control and operation. It even features a quality automatic 28 amp electronic charger. With all these amazing features combined into one, there is no doubt that the Zoeller 585-0005 is a top quality pedestal type sump pump which could be expected to provide you service for a long period of time. So if you are planning to invest in a high quality sump pump which could provide you with a hassle-free solution for your pumping needs, then this would make a perfect choice.
- Among the main advantages of the Zoeller 585-0005 pedestal sump pump is that it is very easy to install, maintain and even troubleshoot in case unexpected issues occur
- It is very easy to operate with its contact float switch, regardless if it’s installed in a tight or even congested spot
- It features a 28 amp automatic electronic charger which, as the name implies it, automatically charges itself thus saving you the trouble
- Its battery operated system is very convenient and energy-efficient since it doesn’t depend on electricity except only when charging.
- This gives you peace of mind and convenience especially when you are planning for a trip out of town.
- Its limited battery time means that it is only used for backup purposes instead of a primary option.
- Hence, it can only support your primary pump for a limited period of time.
- The lifespan of the motor is questionable.
- There might be cases when it could suffer to burnout and cease to function.
- Therefore, if you are planning to make it last for long, then you should maintain and take good care of it on a regular basis or else it will malfunction.
To conclude, the Zoeller 585-0005 pedestal sump pump is an excellent choice for most of us. Since it is a battery powered system, you can expect it to operate even under the absence of electricity. This is basically a good backup for your primary source just in case it fails and you are out of home to take care of it.
READ MORE +
GOULDS PUMPS LSP0311AT Submersible Sump Pump
There are plenty of things to keep in mind when looking for a sump pump to deal with all your domestic water pumping needs. You can find various types in the market, and choosing the right one might become a little bit more difficult with all the varying types of products, features and prices out there. The best approach to find the right sump pump is to read through various reviews of several sump pumps in the internet. In this case, we are going to talk about the Gould Pumps LSP0311AT submersible pump which is manufactured by the Gould Pumps company. When it comes to domestic use, this product is without a doubt made of high quality and can last for longer periods of time compared with other sump pumps in the market. Even though it has a limited system, the manufacturer has made sure to give special consideration to its quality and some other finer details.
Feature of the LSP0311AT Submersible Pump by Gould Pumps
The Gould Pumps submersible pump has a lot of features to amaze you. It has a system which is made of stainless steel material. Also, its interior construction contains components which are made out of plastic and rubber other than just stainless steel. It is ran by a 0.33 Horsepower motor with an outlet which has a connection size of 1.25 inches and an outlet connection type which uses NPRT thread with a NPT connector. The pump measures 12 inches tall and 7 inches wide, making it a compact system which can crank out enough power to cater for your domestic water pumping needs. Its electrical motor uses 115 volts of energy and can operate up to a temperature of 104 Degree Fahrenheit. Lastly, it has a maximum of 21 head feet and can pump up to 36 gallons of water in a minute.
Some pros that the Gould Pumps submersible pump has to offer include the following:
- Its 0.33 Horsepower motor is reliable enough to operate for a long period of time.
- This allows it to pump out as much as 36 gallons of water per minute.
- Easy installation, lightweight, portable and is easily serviceable.
- In short, there is no need to worry at all when using it.
- In fact, you can even perform some DIY troubleshooting and repairs.
- It is resistant to rust or corrosion, all thanks to its stainless steel system.
- It allows you to place the pump in places which is often accumulated by water and is often used in a constant basis.
- This makes it a completely resistant and highly durable pumping system for domestic use which you can expect to last through the years.
- It has a ball bearing construction in the lower and upper parts which is made out of heavy duty material for a more reliable and durable sump pump.
- It also has a glass filled thermoplastic casing and impeller which additively contributes to the pump’s excellent performance.
Before you even think about investing on this product, you might want to know some of its cons first. Actually, there are just 2 minor drawbacks that come with this product:
- First, its 1/3 Horsepower motor is not ideal for use in areas which is often hit by extremely heavy rains
- Second, there are some reported issues with the clogging of its limited size hose.
All in all, the Gould Pumps submersible pump is a good choice for a limited range of needs. With its stainless steel system, you can rely on it to operate for a long time without having to worry about rust or corrosion issues. This makes the product an ideal option for your water pumping needs especially when you want to pump out huge volumes of extra water on a constant basis. Basically, this sump pump is a reliable product which is not only easy to install and operate, but is very comfortable as well.
READ MORE +
Little Giant VS-P2800 1/3 Horsepower Pedestal Sump Pump Review
Sump pumps come in various types, but when it comes to limited domestic use, pedestal sump pumps have proven themselves to be the best. The Little Giant VS-P2800 is one good example containing all of the top features you might be looking for in a high quality domestic sump pump. It’s definitely a good investment for your money considering that it has both quality and affordability combined into one. Moreover, the Little Giant sump pump can also be used for moderate commercial purposes.
You can count on the Little Giant sump pump to give you what you need without causing any troubles at all. So if you’re looking for a hassle-free and seamless operation, then you might as well grab yours now. But before all that, let us first take a look at some of the amazing features that this pedestal sump pump has to offer.
Features of the Little Giant VS-P2800
The Little Giant contains all of the needed features you can find in a pedestal sump pump – value, affordability, advantage, ease of use and a whole lot more. It is operated by a 1/3 Horsepower motor which could effortlessly pitch up to 47 gallons of water in just a minute at a depth of 3 feet. Not to mention, it runs on a 115 volt system under a frequency of 60Hz.
This pedestal sump pump has been manufactured with top design and performance in mind. Hence, you can expect a smooth and continuous performance without any issues of discontinuation or any other concerns whatsoever. It even has an ABS plastic volute to make sure that it is well-protected from rust and corrosion. Lastly, operating the Little Giant sump pump is a relative ease, and it’s all thanks to its adjustable and highly productive snap action float switch which allows for more comfort and convenience during use. All in all, the above mentioned features definitely make this pedestal sump pump a great investment for those who want to pump out huge volumes of water in a short period of time.
Most people tend to look for a sump pump which can give them what they need in a very affordable price, and the Little Giant never fails to impress. Some of its pros include the following:
- It features a 1/3 Horsepower motor which is powerful enough for domestic use and even for moderate commercial purposes
- It works continuously so you don’t have to deal with any discontinuity issues
- Easy installation and troubleshooting makes this pump a good choice. With its flexible snap action float switch, operating will be a breeze.
- It has a pumping rate of 47 GPM which is fast enough for a sump pump of its price
- It is corrosion-resistant – something which should be considered after deciding on what position the pump should be placed in your basement
The Little Giant sump pump has a bit of flaws to boot, and these include the following:
- The motor doesn’t seem to last for longer periods of time, hence if you are looking for a reliable sump pump which could last for ages, then you might as well go for another option.
- Due to its unreliable system, it might suffer from some issues especially when you are away from home to maintain it.
- Also, there could be a possibility of an electric failure. And since you might not rely on this sump pump if you’re out of your home on a regular basis, then it could possibly lead to a failed investment.
In a nutshell, the Little Giant VS-P2800 pedestal sump pump has an excellent water pumping feature with some other features as well. It is very easy to install, convenient and comfortable. Moreover, you can also do some DIY troubleshooting just in case some issues arise.
READ MORE +
Little Giant 505000 Water Wizard 5 Series Submersible Utility Pump Review
The Little Giant 505000 Water Wizard 5 Series Submersible Utility Pump is a sump/utility pump with cast aluminum housing. It comes with a garden hose adapter and removable inlet screen for easy cleaning as well as a lifetime oil supply.
It is a versatile little pump which customers use for a variety of domestic purposes such as pumping out flooded basements, emptying ponds, fountains and hot tubs, as well as pumping water off pool covers.
Little Giant are an established company in the US and have been making pumps since 1941 and have a solid reputation as a reputable supplier.
These features ensure that domestic pumping is as easy as possible. The convenience of having a little pump to remove water from where you don't want it to be is beyond words. If you had to move it by hand though, you would undoubtedly think of a few. An unexpected benefit is that having a pump to move water from one location to another, can lead to innovative ways to save and recycle water.
- Motor: 1/6 HP oil filled
- Intermittent Liquid Temp. up to: 120??F
- Intake: Screened
- Discharge: 1 FNPT
- Housing: Epoxy coated cast aluminium
- Cover: Epoxy coated cast aluminium
- Volute: Nylon
- Impeller: Nylon
- Shaft Seal: Viton
- Screen: Nylon
- Model Number: 5-MSP
- Horsepower: 1/6
- Flow @ 1 of Head: 1200 GPH
- Flow @ 3 of Head: 1170 GPH
- Flow @ 5 of Head: 1100 GPH
- Flow @ 10 of Head: 1000 GPH
- Flow @ 20 of Head: 520 GPH
- Cord Length: 10
- Shut Off: 26.3
- Voltage: 115
- Hertz: 60
- Amps: 5
- Watts: 380
- Weight: 8.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 6.12 L x 4.31 W x 7.75 H
User Ratings and Reviews
238 customers have left reviews for the Little Giant 505000 Water Wizard 5 Series Submersible Utility Pump and have rated it with an overall average of 4.1 Stars. The majority of customers are very happy with the performance of the pump and have provided positive feedback. There were a few disgruntled customers though, who experienced major performance issues and who felt the overall quality of Little Giant pumps has dropped since their manufacturing base moved from the US to Mexico. To see more of what customers had to say, you can read the reviews HERE.
- Virtually no maintenance
- Excellent price
- It pumps a lot of water quickly providing it is in deep enough water.
- It is easy to set up and use
- Quality is considered, not as good as it used to be
Correct at the time of writing, the Little Giant 505000 Water Wizard 5 Series Submersible Utility Pump is available from Amazon and is priced at $92.99 which is a saving of $60.01 off the list price of $153.00. This makes this pump fall into our Pumps under $100 category. If you are eligible, it also comes with FREE Super Saving Shipping.
The Little Giant 505000 Water Wizard 5 Series Submersible Utility Pump comes recommended based on feedback from customers. Always use it according to instructions for optimum performance.
READ MORE +
Zoeller M63 PREMIUM SERIES Submersible Sump Pump Reviews
If you are hunting for the top notch quality sump pump, then it is the one-stop shop for you to buy your desired submersible model to satisfy your taste and desires. As we know that there is a huge list of submersible models are available in the market, but which one is the best suit for you is the big question that every homeowner suffer with. So, here today we are going to introduce a sump pump that made with perfection to offer tremendous benefits. Yes, I am talking about the noiseless M63 Zoeller sump pump which is a synonym of brilliance and style.
Zoeller considered as the commendable sump pump brand that delivers exceptional sump pump devices to perform in all the residential and commercial buildings. The only word that we can use to describe this brand is brilliance. Its extended durability and ultimate quality make it the first choice of every house owner. It is an exceptional design with brilliant performance means a complete device for every home.
Zoeller M63 sump pump is a premium series device that includes enhanced 2-pole mechanical switches with cast iron body. Also, it is rust resistant model with the polypropylene float oil and iron impeller for rich performance. Also, it includes switching arm, handles and guard as well. Furthermore, it never consists screen, so it never allows the device to get clogged.
Apart from that it also comes with the several noticeable features, so scroll down the page to know about it:
Features and specifications:
- This Zoeller M63 PREMIUM device is automatic submersible offers enhanced durability and reduced heat compatibility for better protection.
- This device designed with such features that another sump pump device never provides.
- Zoeller works in each and every detail of this device for reliability and hassles free performance in any condition.
- It which is expert in groundwater transferring, dewatering and effluent of residential and commercial buildings.
- It comes with the UL listed 10 ft power cord, 1-1/2” NPT discharge and LED lighted plug end, so you have no need to pay for purchase these equipments.
- Like all other devices, this sump pump also has some benefits and drawbacks that every homeowner must familiar with so that you can consider a reliable sump pump to meet your all expectation.
- So, join us to know pros and cons of the submersible sump pump.
- It comes along with the five years warranty that provides you a peace of mind that you have to invest on a right device.
- It designed with the stainless steel body for trouble-free maintenance and extended the working experience.
- Pressure tested device
- It is big in size so it may require much space from your house.
- Same as other devices, it may also require maintenance.
At the end, I just want to say that if you desire to buy a trustworthy sump pump for your basement, then this device will be the perfect option for you. No matter, you want to buy it for residential or commercial building; this Zoeller sump pump deserves your investment. It will justify your entire requirements and allow you to enjoy its benefits. As it offers long lasting working operation, so you just need to pay only once to buy it and leave all your water flooded worries on this submersible. It will be your helping hand to protect your house from water damage, flooding and reduced the chances of mold as well. So, what are you still waiting? Go and pick the best sump pump model for your house.
READ MORE +
Zoeller 507-0005 Basement Sentry Battery Backup Pump Review
The Zoeller 507-0005 Basement Sentry Battery Backup Pump is designed to back up any existing brand sump pump in the event of a primary pump failure during power outages.
During a rain event, this should provide you with the peace of mind that your basement will stay dry. It is a good idea to have a backup pump if you are in a situation where your primary sump pump moves a lot of water each day, because in the event of a breakdown, you will end up with a lot of water in your basement.
The battery charger which comes with the unit allows battery to be fully recharged when power is present.
The product includes all necessary fittings and check valves for proper installation. You will need to purchase a 12 volt battery though, for the unit to work.
Features of the Zoeller 507-0005 Basement Sentry Battery Backup Pump
- Provides extra protection when the primary AC pump fails due to power outages or any other reason
- All models have battery burn out and overcharge
- Model 507 has a self contained 10 amp battery recharger
- All systems are fully solid state automatic controllers with alarms, light indicators and have warning systems
- NOTE: Sump Pump and Battery are not included, and they must be purchased separately
This product gives you piece of mind so that during rain events, you do not have to worry about your basement becoming flooded in the event of your main pump failing.
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 7.8 x 12.5 inches
- Weight 9 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 18 pounds
- Power Source – battery powered
- Voltage 12 volts
- Item model number: 507-0005
- Warranty – 1 Year Warranty
- The battery back pump kicks on and alarm sounds
- Provides everything necessary for a minimal installation
- Installs easily if you follow the directions
- The round plastic cover on the water intake on the pump can cause an air lock.
- The mini check that Zoeller uses on their backup pump failed.
- It hums but does not discharge any water at all
User Ratings and Reviews
Of the customers who have left feedback for the Zoeller 507-0005 Basement Sentry Battery Backup Pump have given it an average rating of 3.5 stars.
This is not a particularly good rating and reflects opinion of one third of the customers regarding the quality and performance of the pump. To read about what customers had to say about this pump, you can read the reviews HERE.
At the time of our review, the Zoeller 507-0005 Basement Sentry Battery Backup Pump is available from Amazon and is priced at $292.36. This will save you $39.64 off the list price of $332.00. We have added this system into our Pumps under $250 category. If you are eligible, it also comes with FREE Super Saving Shipping.
The Zoeller 507-0005 Basement Sentry Battery Backup Pump should not be your first choice if you are going to purchase a backup pump based on feedback from customers. While some customers experienced no issues with this pump, others clearly did and if you are not going to be able to have confidence in the pump, it is better not to waste your money on it.
READ MORE +
Superior Pump 92341 Cast Iron Sump Pump Review
The Superior Pump 92341 /3 HP Cast Iron Sump Pump Side Discharge with Vertical Float Switch has a high efficiency with a low draw. This sump pump has a cast iron construction. The pump is able to pump up to forty five gallons per minute or around 2760 gallons per hour. There is a 1-1/2 FMPPT discharge with this pump. Giving you a ten foot grounded and waterproof cord with the superior sump pump.
As this pump has a cast iron base you will also find that the pump will sit to the bottom of any pit or sump and stay there. The construction of the pump will also have the water being efficiently pumped from your pit down to a very low level as this pump is able to draw the fluids from the bottom as well as the side intake.
This superior 92341 sump pump is also constructed with side and bottom intakes which will give this pump a clog resistant suction when it is pumping. The automatic vertical float switch will enable the Superior 92341 sump pump to operate within confined sumps. There is also a piggy back plug included for applications where you may need to use this. The Superior 92341 is able to lift the water up to 25ft in vertical height. An energy efficient motor is included with this submersible pump, at 4.1 amps.
Superior Pump 92341 Technical Details
- 45-gallons per minute
- Solid cast iron construction
- For use in sump applications
- 10-foot cord
Superior Pump 92341 Reviews
On average this superior 92341 sump pump reviews are very favourable. We actually did not find any reviews which were negative for this Sump Pump. Many of the reviewers stated that they were very happy with their purchase some even said they wished they had bought this sump pump many years ago, as it would have saved them a lot of headaches.
Peace of mind is what comes through from the reviews. Many of the reviewers said that after they had installed the superior 92341 sump pump they were cautious at first, checking their sump pits often. However every time they had checked up on this pump the sump pits were dry.
The reviewers were also impressed with the vertical float switch in the 92341. Stating that the pump turns itself on and off and Works beautifully, as every time I checked the pit, it was dry. So my superior sump pump is working just fine.
Please also bear in mind, as with all sump pumps you may also need to consider your connecting hose, check valves and fittings. You need to ensure you also have the correct fittings for the pump you buy or even consider them when you are making your purchase to suit the pump you eventually buy. It might be a better idea to purchase both together when you decide on the sump pump which you find is suitable for your needs.
We (as of yet) did not find any truly negative comments for this submersible pump. We at Sump Pump Advisor have no problems in giving the Superior 92341 Sump Pump our thumbs up and are happy to recommend this sump pump.
READ MORE +
Little Giant 5.5-ASP Submersible Sump Pump Review
The Little Giant Sump Pump is well known to homeowners who have a basement that is prone to flooding. There are many who have been searching for a high quality sump pump to install in their basement so that it may be protected against any kind of water related problems. The problem is that finding a good sump pump can be quite difficult these days, as there are many products available on the market that fail to deliver the desired results.
After trying it out, many consider that the Little Giant Sump Pump has proven to be just what they were looking for. Sturdy and reliable, this little sump pump is also exceptionally quiet, which is a great advantage over similar products. Furthermore, it is also very easy to install and use, so many consider it to be one of the most practical pumps that can be found these days.
A Short Description of the Little Giant 5.5-ASP Submersible Sump Pump
The dimensions of the Little Giant Sump Pump are 6 x 8.88 x 10.75 inches. Also, the product weighs less than 10 pounds. These numbers effectively make it one of the most lightweight and compact pumps of all. This is a great advantage, especially if you need to fit it in smaller places as having enough space in your basement can be quite important. Moreover, the pump comes with a 10 feet power cord that allows you to easily install it practically anywhere you want, without any power related issues.
The 1/4 HP motor that powers the Little Giant 5.5-ASP is not only reliable and efficient, able to pump water very easily, but it also has a quality that represents a great advantage when it comes to any sump pumps: it is silent. Since the pump is also automatic, you will rarely have to check up on it or worry that it might make too much noise. Compared to many other similar pumps, the Little Giant Sump Pump has reached quite a notable performance from this point of view.
With its high head pressure level, the Little Giant can easily pump water up to about 25 feet at over 40 GPM. This allows for maximum efficiency a higher head pressure than this is rarely required. Also, the efficient way that this exceptional sump pump handles up to 3/8’’ of solids is quite remarkable. Therefore, it not only avoids clogging, but also protects the entire system from any unwanted problems caused by the excessive presence of solids.
Last but not least, an important aspect that makes a pump efficient is the depth at which it can operate. The Little Giant Sump Pump can easily work at around 7’’ to 10’’ of water depth and shuts down at 2’’ to 5’’. This makes it perfect for use not only in basement sumps but various other wastewater removal systems as well.
Pros and Cons of the Little Giant 5.5 Sump Pump
Most products rarely live up to the expectations of users and to the qualities marketed by the manufacturers. There are countless sump pumps that are sold at a much higher price than the Little Giant and fail to provide even half the advantages that are shown by this excellent pump. You will easily notice that in the case of the Little Giant Sump Pump, overall, its many qualities far exceed those of other similar pumps and the countless positive reviews provided by satisfied customers fully confirm this fact.
- Perhaps one of the most important aspects about the pump is that it is very reliable. Many satisfied customers claim that they had bought Little Giant products before and that they had lasted for even more than 10 years before they had to buy a new one. This fact effectively proves that, despite the low price of only around $100 the manufacturers have spared no expense in making this sump pump one of the best choices available on the market.
- The Little Giant Sump Pump is UL (Underwriters Laboratories) certified which basically means that it has passed quite a few important safety tests. Safety is crucial when it comes to sump pumps, because most of them are electrical, so there can be many potential dangers related to the interaction between water and electricity.
- Low power consumption is also extremely important to consider when you buy a new sump pump. At only around 600 watts, the Little Giant is quite economic when compared to other products that can easily reach numbers of over 1000 watts.
Perhaps the only actual issue that you can experience when using the Little Giant Sump Pump is the fact that the unit can sometimes tip over if it is not secured properly. This could potentially create some problems, so it is very important that you make sure the pump is firmly secured in place before turning it on.
Customer Reviews of the Little Giant 5.5 Submersible Sump Pump
Reviews show that customers are extremely pleased with this reliable little sump pump. There are very few who claim to have had any kind of problem with it, and the general opinion is that the Little Giant is durable, well put together and extremely efficient.
There is also a high level of trust connected to Little Giant units, as homeowners have used them for years and many of them regard this line of products as flawless. Many of them also see the Little Giant Sump Pump as a great bargain, since the price is more than manageable and it is definitely not easy to find an inexpensive product that can last as long as this one.
Opinion of the Little Giant 5.5 Pump
Generally, the Little Giant is seen as a trusted product. Despite its size, it is a worthy competitor against even the larger, more expensive pumps, since they are rarely able to reach the level of durability that this one can provide. Those who are practical-minded realize that size is not always important, especially in the case of a smaller basement.
The most important factor that determines the value of any product is its capability of getting the job done efficiently, and the Little Giant Sump Pump can most definitely achieve that in the best of ways.
READ MORE +
Best Sump Pump For Pool Drainage
What is best sump pump for pool Drainage applications?
You can use many different pumps to drain a pool, but there can be situations where you will be looking to for a sump pump to drain your pool with ease and in a simple manner.
- How do I mean
Take the example that you are going to need to attach a hose to contain the water so that the water reaches your drainage point. Typically you are going to be looking to attach a hose of some fashion. Therefore you will be looking for a hose attachment for the pump.
- How do you transport your pump?
If your pool is outside, or even if you are taking the pump with you to someone else pool, then you need a sump pump that is also portable. You will be looking for handles on the pump to assist you with carrying it around.
If it is transportable, then you will need to also consider the outer casing of your sump pump. You will be looking for a sturdy casing that can handle everyday use and the knocks that may come with portability.
You will also be looking for a sump pump that is not too heavy to move around. Just imagine your Mom or wife having to move this in an emergency. You need a sump pump that is not too heavy.
- Pump rating
Typically you will also want a more powerful sump pump to remove the pool water. A large pool can take quite a bit of time to fully drain down and you will want this to pump down as quickly as possible. Therefore the more power you have, the quicker you will drain the pool.
- Pump head
You also need to consider how upwards you are going to need to pump the water out of your pool and to the drainage point. Pumps have a head rating and this means they can pump up to a given value in feet vertically. Also bear in mind that if you increase the vertical head you will have a reduced flow rate.
- Bottom Suction
As you submerge the pump you will want it to fully remove the water. What you do not want is for the pump to labor and struggle when there is still six inches of water within the pool. For this reason you will need to look for a sump pump that has a water intake from the bottom and not the side. This will allow the sump pump to keep pumping even down to lower levels.
- What if the water is not completely clean?
In a situation like this you will want a pump or swimming pool cleaner that can effectively handle passing of some solids. Some pumps are rated to pass solids, but they can still get clogged up from time to time. You can clear them and put them back to work if rated for passing of solids, you need a pump that handles dirt and debris well.
- What about other applications or uses?
You may also have other reasons for using this type of sump pump. You should consider this whenever you are looking to buy your sump pump for the pool drainage. You may want to also pump:
- Hot Tubs
- Pool Covers
- Rising water tables
- Flash floods
- or even pump water from a creek or local stream
- Have you considered emergency situations?
What if there is an emergency? What is your basement is flooded? Well with a portable sump pump that you can quickly and easily attach to a garden hose and have pumping within minutes can be a real life saver.
Any recommendations for pumps?
We actually have two pumps in mind that are perfect for your situation. It is all down to your choice between these two sump pumps. What is better news is that both of these sump pumps are priced below $80.
The both sump pumps have good ratings and reviews on Amazon with both having over 500+ reviews
If we had to choose the better pump of the two, then we would pick:
- No1:- The Superior Pump 91250 as our top pick:- Click here to read more on this sump pump
- No2:- Second choice is the Wayne VIP 50 sump pump:- Click here to read more on this sump pump
Our No1 Pick Best Sump Pump For Pool Drainage
So we bring you both of these sump pumps that are in our opinion the best two sump pumps for pool drainage applications. It also happens to be that these two sump pumps are also the top two best sellers in the sump pump category over on Amazon. We feel that our number one pick is best for both having all of the above points and also having higher ratings by the customers on Amazon. We recommend the Superior 91250 as feel this is the best sump pump for pool drainage Superior Pump 91250
READ MORE +
Wayne Water Systems VIP50 Sump Pump Reviews
This sump pump can pump up to 2,500 gallons per hour as well as being able to pass solids of up to 1/2 inch thick solids such as leaves, pebbles, and other debris without getting clogged up. As this sump pump is supplied with bottom suction, rather than side entry, It will also pump the water level down to within an eighth of an inch. This means it will pretty much empty a sump, pit or receptacle of nearly all of the water.
Construction of this sump pump
This sump pump is constructed of a glass reinforced thermoplastic for the housing. It is also fitted with rust resistant impeller. The discharge is 1 1/4, but with the 3/4 inch adapter it can very easily connect to regular garden hoses.
This Wayne water system VIP50 is currently selling on Amazon for just under $80. It is also highly reviewed with an average of 4.0 out of 5 stars and a total of 508+ customer reviews.
More about the VIP50
Should you wish to transport this sump pump, say to fill a pool, then the Wayne VIP 50 is also fitted with a handy easy access handle. This will provide you with complete portability.
- Pump Protection
The VIP 50 sump pump is also fitted with some internal protection to preserve this pump should something happen to it. The Wayne VIP 50 is fitted with thermal protection. This will cut the sump pump out should the pump overheat by overuse or something else. The pump will need to cool down before it will run again. It is always best to check the pump over for blockages etc, should it overheat.
- This sump pump has been noted to drain a 20,000 gallon in ground pool it has also been used to drain other customers spas and hot tubs.
- This pump is also supplied with a limited one year warranty.
- As one customer pointed out their customer service they pointed out I contacted the company and they responded right away, asked a couple of questions, and then immediately shipped out a brand new pump to me. I have not seen this type of customer service in a long time.
- The VIP 50 has been noted to being a fantastic life saver in high water situations like flooding. Customers have used this pump to assist and it performed brilliantly for them.
- This pump is not fitted with a float switch, therefore you can not fit this to control water levels within a sump. If this pump is powered up it will be trying to pump at all times!
- 8 Foot power chord can be quite short.
- Some have noted this if their power outlet is more than 8 foot away from the sump pump installation point.
- If you do need to add in an additional extension chord you will need to consider a grounded extender.
- Although it is noted that this sump pump is able to pass solids, we would like to mention that it is only for the occasional solid as all pumps can eventually become blocked up.
- Its built to prevent leaves and other debris from clogging it, but that still can happen.
Customer Review of Wayne VIP50 Sump Pump
Upon reading the customer comments and opinions as well as our extensive experience with sump pumps we would like to point out that this is actually a very good pump. That is provided you use this with the correct installation suited to this type of sump pump. This pump is not fitted with an automatic float switch and is not ideal in some situations for example: controlling your basement water levels.
The VIP50 is however ideal for draining your pools, spas, hot tubs and many other pumping applications. It will pump well for you, and remove the water quite quickly, provided the given head is not towards its maximum limits. (If you need a larger head, then upgrade to more powerful pump).
The pump is also a fantastic emergency pump to own as if you were hit with flooding or high water levels you can rig this pump up to a garden hose, drop it into the water and switch this on and watch it pump!
READ MORE +