Guides and reviews for selecting the best equipment for your plumbing needs.
Category: Buying Guides
7 Best RV Water Pump Reviews
When you head to buy a water pump, one of the names that strike your mind is SHURflo. With its name and reputation, it brings the innovative 2088-554-144 Delivery Pump. Known for its unmatched performance, it scores well in high flow and has the ability to be used in various transfer and dispense on-demand applications. One of the reasons why a lot of homeowners prefer using it is that it can be easily used for drinking water and preparing food. Easy to maintain, it can be mounted in any position. If you are, therefore, looking for a portable water solution for your RV, go for SHURflo 2088-554-144.
Features and Specifications:
- Fully automatic and comes equipped with a diaphragm
- Has the ability to flow up to 3.5 GPM @45 PSI that produces sufficient water whenever required
- Designed to support high-volume devices like vending machines and also for reservoir and delivery draining
- Can safeguard backflow of fluid by means of the pumps
- Its automatic shut-off feature lets keep track of the water level when full
- Acquires the potential to run dry without causing damage
- NSF certified, which means it can be used for domestic purposes like drinking water and preparation of food
- Runs on a 12 VDC pump that is quite strong and durable
- Sports a unique 3-chamber design that makes it stand out among other water pumps
- Has a strong flow rate of 3.5 gallons per minute
- Quite light in weight as it weighs only five pounds
- Makes a bit of noise
- Back cover not so good and reliable
- Pressure switch not stable enough to last long
Here comes a portable water pump from the house of Flojet, which you can now connect to your RV waste outlet. Equipped with a garden hose discharge port, Flojet 18555-000A has the ability to deliver fresh water and rinse off things with ease. Being extremely user-friendly, it comes with an on/off switch that makes it easier to operate. With a six-inch wire harness, it lets the user feel convenient in making it operate in the right manner. Compact in size, it is easy to store. What makes it stand out is its run dry protection up to 30 seconds. With a 12 VDC motor, it is no doubt an efficient pump for multiple purposes and, therefore, stands worth the money.
Features and Specifications:
- Can make direct connection to the waste outlet of the recreational vehicle
- Has the potential to drain holding tanks by using convenient sewer receivers for domestic purposes
- Capable to deliver fresh water for rinsing purposes
- Equipped with garden hose discharge port
- Quite user-friendly with an On/Off remote handheld switch and 6-inch wire harness
- Allows run dry protection for up to 30 seconds
- Compact in size and easy to store in its storage case provided
- Runs on 12 VDC Motor that makes it perform well and strengthen its durability
- Has the power to drain quite swiftly
- Very easy to mount and install that hardly takes time
- Works perfectly and leaves no question in terms of cleanliness
- Equipped with safety sensor that protects it from overheating
- Durability of pump is in question as lasts for up to 6 months
- Switch might not work efficiently
- Pump finds it difficult to connect to waste outlet
If you are looking for a modern-age water pump, Remco 55 Aquajet will just be the one with its upgraded technology and auto-speed adjustment abilities. Its soft-start feature wipes off all possibilities of making extra noise during operation. Moreover, what strengthens its flow is its 5-valve design that will assure users to get sufficient water whenever necessary. Furthermore, its 5-chamber design makes it displace more water in comparison to what is done by those 3 or 4 chamber models. Owing to its shut-off feature at 75 to 85 PSI, it perfectly holds on to its filtration system. In other words, this feature-rich water pump can be a great pick for RV owners.
Features and Specifications:
- Runs on an on-demand pump of 12 Volts that makes it perform with no flaws
- Mounting pattern is easy and advanced as it can be mounted with no hassles at all
- Does not make noise like other pumps with similar features
- Rapid cycling noises are eliminated for its unique soft start feature
- Pump has a 5-chamber diaphragm that supports self-priming as well
- Has the capability to run completely dry ensuring zero damage
- Has dimensions of 8.89 x 4 x 4.60 inches ( L x W x H)
- Has the power to deliver 5.3 gallons per minute of water
- Ideal for using more than one faucet at the same time
- Maximum power that can be drawn is 10 Amps
- Has an impressive shut-off pump pressure of 60 PSI
- Pressure delivered is not strong and stable
- Often makes a lot of noise that sounds really annoying
Is it high time to get rid of your old RV water pump and bring in a new-age one? Have a look at SHURFLO 4008-101-A65 that has been built with a 1-piece diaphragm along with internal by-pass. Be it any plumbing system, this water pump assures a stunning performance and promises to stay strong for a lifetime. Known for its high-flow demand, this stunning water pump will hardly make any noise. Being thermally protected, it holds the ability to run dry without inflicting damage. One of its best aspects is that it can be easily mounted that makes it effortless to install it rightly.
Features and Specifications:
- Holds a speed of delivering 3 gallons of water per minute that assures a sufficient flow during emergencies
- With a one-piece diaphragm and internal by-pass, the pump has been provided an innovative design
- Motor makes no noise at all and therefore a suitable choice for all RVs
- Runs on 12V DC operation that makes it quite energy-efficient and eliminating high utility bills
- Has a built-in check valve and runs completely dry
- Thermally protected that enhances its performance and safety at the same time
- Weighs 5 pounds that does not weigh much
- Quite energy-efficient as it makes use of only 7.5 Amps
- Runs with absolute silence assuring no noise at all
- Has the potential to operate at 55 PSI
- Equipped with a built-in check valve
- Runs dry with no possibilities of damage
- Ability to pull water is weak and must be improved
- Possibilities of leakage are high
- Needs to install with carefulness, or otherwise, there are chances of damage
Want to switch to a new water pump that can support your RV along with other agricultural purposes? Well, you should not then take your eyes off this 12 Volt rv water pump from the house of Seaflo. This diaphragm built pump comes with ½ inch barbed hose adaptors along with fifty mesh inlet strainer. With pressure set at 45 PSI, this water pump holds a capacity of 2.8 gallons per minute. With its potential to run dry without causing damage, it operates in complete silence. As it runs on a 12 VDC motor, it will not consume much electricity, making it score high on energy-efficiency.
Features and Specifications:
- Supported with threaded connections and multiple fittings that help it connect to any outlet
- Complete thermal protection stops the motor from overheating further
- Featured with Automatic Restart that activates in case of any malfunctioning
- Motor runs with almost no noise that makes it quite advantageous for running RVs
- Comes with an adjustable pressure switch at 17-60 PSI
- Prevents noise from vibrations for having semi-rigid rubber feet
- As it weighs only 1.9 kg, it is quite light in weight
- Maximum ampere that can be drawn by the motor is 8.0 A
- Less amperage and therefore long battery life
- Easy to install and takes not more than five minutes
- Pump operates quietly with no noise at all
- Pressure delivered is 45 PSI, which is quite strong leading to great performance
- Chances of overheating are high, causing burns on the motor
- Durability of pump is not good
- Issues in pumping operations
What RVs need is improved water flow systems, or otherwise, you might be left in dire straits in the midst of your journey. So, why not get Shurflo 4048153E75 and block possibilities of all such odds? Made with an exclusive one-piece diaphragm and internal by-pass, this water pump would assure not only a smooth flow but would also stand strong in terms of longevity and of course performance. Its capacity to produce 4 gallons of water per minute along with its pressure at 55 PSI will never leave you with thin flows. Certainly, one can go for it as it ensures thermal protection and runs dry with no chances of any damage.
Features and Specifications:
- Has an impressive capacity of delivering 4 gallons of water per minute
- Equipped with Flow Reaction Technology that results in reduced cycling
- Thermal protection at its best, making it capable to run dry
- Stops backflow due to the check valve installed within
- Easy to install as it can be mounted in any position
- Ensures more safety owing to its auto voltage protection
- Does not need any pressure switch that makes it convenient to operate
- Water flow pressure is 55 PSI and has the power to deliver 4 gallons of water every minute
- High on power and performance
- Has the ability to deliver 4 gallons of water per minute
- Flexible to use with all types of fittings
- Very easy to install and takes no time for it
- Pressure switch not required
- Pump might stop working after a few months
- Shut-off switch often burns out
- Pressure is not sustained
Belonging to the triplex diaphragm series, Flojet 03526-144A steps in with a promise to keep a smooth flow of water. For its pulsation eliminator built within, this advanced water pump will not require any accumulator tank for operation. All those annoying vibrations will be kept at a distance for its soft, absorbing mounts. It weighs only 4 pounds and is, therefore, quite light in weight. Also, it is compact in size as it has dimensions of 9 x 4 x 4 inches. With three chambers, it runs completely dry with a promise of causing zero damage.
Features and Specifications:
- Has the power to draw water from the holding tank
- Can pump up to 2.9 GPM that equals to sufficient water during necessity
- Operates quite smoothly and with no noise at all
- For being corrosion resistant, the water pump enjoys more durability
- Very easy to mount without any hassle
- Has a maximum pressure capacity of 50 PSI
- Runs on 12 Volt DC current that prevents it from consuming more electricity, keeping a check on utility bills
- Has snap-it port fittings that make it easier to install
- Very easy to install and cycles well at minimal flow rates
- Has the ability to pump up to 2.9 gallons per minute
- Self-priming and runs dry when necessary
- Completely corrosion resistant that makes it more durable
- No hassles in mounting
- Gets overheated and shuts down
- Not very durable and can break down anytime
- Does not pump water too well
Types of RV Water Pumps
Confusions are indeed less when it comes to categorizing the types of RV water pumps. To be more precise, this categorization depends majorly on the voltage. There are two types of RV water pumps to be considered. They are:
- 12V Pump:
These water pumps are typically used in recreational vehicles or what you call car and vans or motor homes. Twelve-volt water pumps are the standard ones that have been specifically designed for use in recreational vehicles only. In terms of pressure, it is quite low in comparison to the larger ones. What you simply need to ensure that it is in fine working condition so that it delivers sufficient flow of water whenever you need it and also that you are not compelled to repair it at a short time period from the date of buying it.
- 24V Pump:
If you are expecting greater water pressure, go for a 24V water pump. Although these pumps are best for trucks and buses, they can also be used in RVs. With a 24V water pump, you can always expect higher water flow and a more superior performance. These water pumps are actually meant to accomplish bigger jobs than merely providing water for minimal use. Just like you need to take good care of a 12V water pump, a 24V one also needs the same amount of care and maintenance for keeping up with its durability and performance.
Remember, if you are looking for an energy-saving water pump for your RV only, a 12V water pump will always be more profitable.
How to Choose the Best RV Water Pump
Imagine that you are all ready to set out on a trip in your RV. Although it starts off well, you discover somewhat later that the faucets there are left with a thin flow of water. Therefore, you will come to know that the RV water pump is not working, or to be precise, it’s time that you should now get a new RV water pump. Well, if this is the situation you are facing, you must know the type of RV water pump you want to buy. So, here is a list of considerations that would help you choose the quiet rv water pump. Take a look:
- Check the specifications –
When it comes to buying an RV water pump, checking its specifications is extremely essential. The better you understand its specifications, the easier it would be to choose your desired RV water pump. One of the important aspects in this context is checking the amount of water it will deliver per minute. Remember, if the RV water pump you are looking for can deliver at least three gallons of water per minute, you are choosing a standard one.
- Check the electrical support –
Since it’s a recreational vehicle, your RV water pump will require only 12 volts. So, you don’t need to worry unless the one you are going to buy is less than this voltage range. Just make sure to place a fuse for the wiring part prior to installing the pump. Also, try not to run a chassis. Instead, a twin wire can do a good job.
- Check the sound effect –
A lot of RV owners tend to let go the sound factor while choosing an RV water pump. Reality says that the sound of an RV pump often depends on its power and type. Even if your pump emits a bit of sound, make sure to buy a lid separately if not provided together and seal it well during operation. In this process, air would also not be allowed to enter into the pump, which might further result in overheating.
- Check the capacity –
Every RV owner will want to buy a pump with good water capacity so that there remains a constant flow of water whenever required. Therefore, it is very important to check how much gallon of water the pump will be able to hold. In this process, you will also be checking its pressure rating.
- Check its energy efficiency–
As a matter of fact, when a pump is made to run, it consumes a certain volume of electricity. But there are several RV water pumps that are highly energy-efficient and can, therefore, cut down a lot on the utility bills. However, you should always check the pump must have sufficient power to deliver a good flow of water.
Now that you have come to know what to consider and what not while buying a good RV water pump, it would help you choose the best model as per your requirement and budget.
Finally, you have bagged sufficient knowledge on different types of RV water pumps and their operations. Now, you are all set to make the purchase to ensure hassle-free trips in your RV. So just relax, set your budget, inspect the voltage outlets, go through the pros and cons of each model that has been discussed and make the right decision. Despite, if you are still feeling perplexed, you can always talk to experts owning RVs. Just be sure of the investment you are going to make, and if it clicks, you are sure to have more fun with your RV.
READ MORE +
Best RV Water Pump Reviews – Top Picks
If you have got your own motor home, the most important thing you need to ensure is whether your best RV water pump is working right. An RV water pump plays a key role in pressurizing preserved engine water so as to pump it right into the engine. The water pump is the most vital section of an RV's cooling system that ...
READ MORE +
Top 7 Best Sump Pump Check Valve Reviews
A good check valve is essential for proper working of a sump pump. If you are facing a problem with loud noises (such as hammering) then this check valve brings you silence. They are the best rated traditional check valves. The installation process can be done very easily. When the pump stops the valve closes by the gravity of the backwater. It is designed in such way that it lasts for years. It easily slips over PVC, ABS, Steel pipe or copper pipes. The flexible hinge eliminates hinge stress (bending) caused due to earthquakes, and etc. Let's look into the features of this product
- Zoeller 30-0181 comes with 1-1/2 inch check valve which is well engineered to suit the pipes.
- The flapper is designed in such that it bends to a certain extent and drives out the 90-degree edges.
- It is constructed in such a way that water hammer is reduced.
- The PVC plastic check body can be solvent for a rigid pressure rated piping system to 25 PSI.
- It is designed to withstand a heat upto 130-degree Fahrenheit (54 degree Celsius). It is better than most other units available at the local hardware store.
- They are available at reasonable price.
- Very good in quality and are reliable.
- Works quiet (noise free) and smooth.
- Installation work is very easy and done within minutes.
- Designed for both positive and vertical installations.
- Free from water hammer.
- It is partly made of plastic, which can have a reduced lifespan.
- The opaque plastic makes it impossible to view during its operation.
Next is the quiet check valve. If you have a sump pump in the basement of your house and you hear a banging noise you know how annoying it might be? By installing a quiet sump pump check valve there is no question of banging noise when the valve shuts. The name itself describes how quiet it may be. No more headache by the clunking sound. This check valve eliminates the annoying noise caused due to opening and closing of the valve with the spring loaded internal flapper. Therefore any shock makes the bottom check to softly seat itself against the sealing surface. There is a limited manufacturer’s warranty available. The following are the features of this product
- This valve comes with the most popular 1 ½ inch size and made out of plastic.
- This check valve has a clear display which seems to be very handy for testing or viewing the valve function. Any malfunctions can be identified clearly.
- This valve also works very silently without making a banging noise.
- This valve can work in both horizontal and vertical direction without any trouble.
- It comes with true union couplings which can be screwed and unscrewed easily during replacement.
- It reduces the water hammering and other air problems completely. It is offered at a reasonable price.
- As it uses the spring to close and open the valve rather than gravity, it is more silent than any other valves.
- The working of the check valve is visible with transparent plastic.
- Handles the pressure and water hammer is also reduced.
- The strong springs might sometimes reduce the flow of water.
- Parts made of plastic can reduce the durability of the check valve.
Next is the superior pump 99555 universal check valve. With over 150 years of pump industry experience, the‘superior pump’ makes every product with innovative technology and high-quality components. This valve is made out of durable ABS plastic. It uses a flipper style technique to open and close the valve during operation. The time taken for installation is considerably less. It is designed to fit with PVC pipes, Fernco pipe couplings, ABS Fittings and lot more. Therefore fitting will be easily done and does not involve any problems. It comes with limited manufacturer’s warranty of one year. The following are the features of this check valve
- It is a trustworthy check valve that comes with 1¼ inch and most popular 1½ inch male and female adopters which is suitable for almost all fittings.
- It has a high quality and durable nitril (Bruna N) seal which is attributed to excellent oil resistance on industrial equipment and designed for low-pressure water flange. This helps to stay the valve fixed with the pipes.
- It can work perfectly with the presence of any amount of pressure in the pipe.
- The package comes with one universal check valve along with two adaptors.
- Works very quietly by eliminating the banging noise.
- Offered at a low price when compared to others.
- Set up time is made quickly.
- Made with a high-quality nitril rubber seal.
- Sometimes it breaks during tightening.
- Plastic made valve can limit the lifespan.
- Functions are not visible with the opaque plastic material.
Next is the AY McDonald check valve. It is a traditional company famous for its quality and reliability. This check valve eliminates the typical banging sound of check valve when the pump shuts. AY McDonald uses a unique dual check design. The top check in the valve which absorbs the shock of the falling water so that the bottom check is seated softly on the sealing surface. All the valves are pressure tested to ensure performance with leak proof. It uses the spring to open and close the valve. It also provides limited warranty period with certain conditions. Let us see the features of this check valve
- It comes with popular 1 ½ inch and 1 ¼ inch size variants which suits with most of the fittings.
- It is made of plastic which is non-metallic and cannot corrode over time.
- The body is made of high-grade ABS material. The clamps are made of 301 stainless steel clamps.
- The hoses are made with Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR) which has good ageing stability and abrasion resistance.
- It has the capability of handling heavy duty pumps. However, this check valve has not been rated at a high temperature.
- No leakage of water.
- No worry of pressure as they come pressure tested.
- Wearing resistance during contact with another surface.
- It works in both vertical and horizontal directions.
- Valve works with spring.
- The flapper (which works with spring) might sometimes seem stiff which can reduce the flow of water.
- It is made of plastic.
Next is the Zoeller 30- 0041. As we know that Zoeller check valves are best rated traditional valves, this check valve is also a top rated variant. To be the best valve it must be noise resistance. This Zoeller 30- 041 works with springs to open and close the valves and thereby it reduces the banging noise made when the valve stops. These magical springs also eliminate the water hammer caused due to air to a large extent. The body is made of PVC plastic material which helps us to view the functioning of the valve. It has a limited warranty on certain conditions. The following are the features of this product
- It comes with most used 1 ½ inch size which can be easily fitted. It is designed to work in both vertical and horizontal direction.
- The ‘solvent weld ends’ feature helps the user to join the pipe without much difficulty which paves way for easy installation.
- Unlike other check valves, threading of pipes is not required.
- The plastic body has the ability to bear upto 50 PSI of pressure in the pipe. It is also designed to resist upto 130-degree Fahrenheit (54-degree celsius).
- Suitable for installations that are made below the basin cover.
- Easy and quick installation can be made with the help of solvent welding.
- Works efficiently even with high pressure.
- Transparent valve helps to see the working of the check valve.
- The ends are O-ring shaped and are unique to this device. If you go wrong in glueing, then you are forced to replace only from Zoeller.
Next in our discussion is the Wayne check valves. To reduce the back water flow, this check valve is specially designed to suit any sump pump (both submersible and pedestal sump pump). Like other valves, this one also comes with noise resistance. It uses the gravity of the water to open and close the valves. It also comes with a manufacturer’s warranty up to certain period of time. Let us look into the features of this product.
- This valve also comes in 1 ½ inch and 1 ¼ inch pipe connection which is suitable for the majority of the sump pumps.
- As it is made of PVC plastic, this check valve kit is corrosion resistant which lasts for longer time.
- It comes with ‘reducer boot’ which can resist high temperature in the pipe.
- It also comes along with small stainless steel clamp and large stainless steel clamp.
- Also includes 1 ½ inch shoulder head adaptor along with it.
- The check valve can resist high temperature of the water.
- Reduces the noise produced in the check valve.
- It is suitable for any kind of sump pump.
- Works with gravity to shut the valve which might increase the chances of water hammering.
- Not available easily at your local store.
The last is the watchdog klunkless check valve. Are you awakened on the rainy nights due to the noise created by the check valve when the pump shuts off? Watchdog klunkless valve comes to serve you as a watchdog and give you a pleasant sleep. The word klunkless itself clearly means that noise(clunk) is reduced. It is designed to suit all types of sump pumps. It is also manufactured with a motive to improve the durability of the check valves. Let us look into the features
- This valve comes with 1 ½ and 1 ¼ inch diameter which is suitable for most of the pipes.
- They can be easily fitted in compact places.
- It has a patented silencing air chambers which absorb the shock made when the valve is shut. It also reduces the water hammering sound and other air problems.
- It also comes with hose clamps made of stainless steel.
- It also comes with 2 years manufacturer’s warranty which helps to repair the valve if anything goes wrong during these periods without any cost.
- The installation work seems to be quite easy and quick.
- Noise is reduced to some extent.
- It reduces water hammer.
- Designed in such a way that it lasts for years.
- It makes noise while the valve shuts after few years of use.
- There are chances for leakage of water.
- Not suitable for the horizontal fixture.
- It is unreliable.
How to Choose The Best Check Valve For Sump Pump:
There are various sump pump check valves available on the market. Each of them differs substantially in terms of price, quality, durability, performance and etc. Before procuring a check valve for your sump pump have a look at the following points.
Budget: Estimate the budget that you wish to spend on a sump pump check valve. Check valves are available in various price ranges.
Type of sump pump: Know about the type of pump system that you have installed. Sometimes the check valve might fail to work due to mismatch with the pump.
Power level: Also know the power level of the sump pump. The check valve must be capable of functioning with the horsepower of the sump pump.
The frequency of use: Know the frequency of flooding or the frequency of usage of a sump pump. If the frequency is more then buy a branded check valve which can last for along time.
Speed: It emphasises on the speed at which water has to be moved. Select a check valve which can act at a similar speed.
Noise reduction: Emphasis on silent check valves. Check valves can create a loud banging noise when it is closed. Therefore choose a silent one.
Durability: Wish for a metal check valve which ultimately increases the lifespan of the valve. Plastic check valves have less durability than metal valves.
Diameter: Check the diameter of the pipe fitted in the sump pump. It is advisable to take a piece of pipe to get a right fit.
Benefits of Good sump pump check valves:
By choosing the best sump pump check valve, you can enjoy the following benefits
- Attaching a check valve ensures one-way flow of water and prevents back water flow. This prevents the water to get into the tank again when the pump stops.
- By fixing a check valve, the life of a sump pump can be improved. When a check valve is not fixed, each time when your sump pump turns off the water rushes back to the tank and causes wear and tear to the pump which in turn reduces the lifespan.
- Most of the check valve can be used as both vertically as well as horizontally.
- Fitting a right check valve can eliminate water hammer (causes when the flow of water gets reversed). The valve that does not rely on reverse gravity flow but uses the spring to close will prevent water hammer.
- Check valves reduce vibration in the pipe. It uses the velocity of the fluid to increase pressure against the valve disk which moves the disk smoothly and gently which in turn reduces vibrations.
- They act as pressure regulators which in turn saves energy. It helps to reduce the hammering noises by replacing an old valve with a “soft close” or “silent” check valve.
- The check valve can be replaced without cutting the pipe when it needs to be serviced. Therefore it does not take more time and energy to change to change the check valve.
As we conclude that check valve is an unavoidable part of sump pump which has many added benefits. There is a huge number of check valve models available in the market. Each valve has its own merits and demerits. Need changes from person to person based on size, location, budget, brand, speed and pressure required. With the help of the list of check valves provided above, see whether your needs match with the features of the check valve. Therefore evaluate your needs wisely and choose the right check valve for your sump pump and make the best use of it.
Must Read Related Posts:-READ MORE +
Best Sump Pump Check Valve Reviews
Have you ever wondered how does the water is discharged out of the sump pump in one direction and not backwards? If you do wonder, the reason behind is because of a check valve located on the discharge pipe. The best sump pump check valve helps to prevent the backflow of water into the tank when the motor is turned ...
READ MORE +