Category: Buying Guides
Do you own a submersible water pump? One potential problem when owning a “sump pump” is dealing with no juice to the unit from the AC outlet. In that situation you’ll need ...READ MORE +
Top 7 Best Sump Pump Check Valve Reviews
A good check valve is essential for proper working of a sump pump. If you are facing a problem with loud noises (such as hammering) then this check valve brings you silence. They are the best rated traditional check valves. The installation process can be done very easily. When the pump stops the valve closes by the gravity of the backwater. It is designed in such way that it lasts for years. It easily slips over PVC, ABS, Steel pipe or copper pipes. The flexible hinge eliminates hinge stress (bending) caused due to earthquakes, and etc. Let’s look into the features of this product
- Zoeller 30-0181 comes with 1-1/2 inch check valve which is well engineered to suit the pipes.
- The flapper is designed in such that it bends to a certain extent and drives out the 90-degree edges.
- It is constructed in such a way that water hammer is reduced.
- The PVC plastic check body can be solvent for a rigid pressure rated piping system to 25 PSI.
- It is designed to withstand a heat upto 130-degree Fahrenheit (54 degree Celsius). It is better than most other units available at the local hardware store.
- They are available at reasonable price.
- Very good in quality and are reliable.
- Works quiet (noise free) and smooth.
- Installation work is very easy and done within minutes.
- Designed for both positive and vertical installations.
- Free from water hammer.
- It is partly made of plastic, which can have a reduced lifespan.
- The opaque plastic makes it impossible to view during its operation.
Next is the quiet check valve. If you have a sump pump in the basement of your house and you hear a banging noise you know how annoying it might be? By installing a quiet sump pump check valve there is no question of banging noise when the valve shuts. The name itself describes how quiet it may be. No more headache by the clunking sound. This check valve eliminates the annoying noise caused due to opening and closing of the valve with the spring loaded internal flapper. Therefore any shock makes the bottom check to softly seat itself against the sealing surface. There is a limited manufacturer’s warranty available. The following are the features of this product
- This valve comes with the most popular 1 ½ inch size and made out of plastic.
- This check valve has a clear display which seems to be very handy for testing or viewing the valve function. Any malfunctions can be identified clearly.
- This valve also works very silently without making a banging noise.
- This valve can work in both horizontal and vertical direction without any trouble.
- It comes with true union couplings which can be screwed and unscrewed easily during replacement.
- It reduces the water hammering and other air problems completely. It is offered at a reasonable price.
- As it uses the spring to close and open the valve rather than gravity, it is more silent than any other valves.
- The working of the check valve is visible with transparent plastic.
- Handles the pressure and water hammer is also reduced.
- The strong springs might sometimes reduce the flow of water.
- Parts made of plastic can reduce the durability of the check valve.
Next is the superior pump 99555 universal check valve. With over 150 years of pump industry experience, the‘superior pump’ makes every product with innovative technology and high-quality components. This valve is made out of durable ABS plastic. It uses a flipper style technique to open and close the valve during operation. The time taken for installation is considerably less. It is designed to fit with PVC pipes, Fernco pipe couplings, ABS Fittings and lot more. Therefore fitting will be easily done and does not involve any problems. It comes with limited manufacturer’s warranty of one year. The following are the features of this check valve
- It is a trustworthy check valve that comes with 1¼ inch and most popular 1½ inch male and female adopters which is suitable for almost all fittings.
- It has a high quality and durable nitril (Bruna N) seal which is attributed to excellent oil resistance on industrial equipment and designed for low-pressure water flange. This helps to stay the valve fixed with the pipes.
- It can work perfectly with the presence of any amount of pressure in the pipe.
- The package comes with one universal check valve along with two adaptors.
- Works very quietly by eliminating the banging noise.
- Offered at a low price when compared to others.
- Set up time is made quickly.
- Made with a high-quality nitril rubber seal.
- Sometimes it breaks during tightening.
- Plastic made valve can limit the lifespan.
- Functions are not visible with the opaque plastic material.
Next is the AY McDonald check valve. It is a traditional company famous for its quality and reliability. This check valve eliminates the typical banging sound of check valve when the pump shuts. AY McDonald uses a unique dual check design. The top check in the valve which absorbs the shock of the falling water so that the bottom check is seated softly on the sealing surface. All the valves are pressure tested to ensure performance with leak proof. It uses the spring to open and close the valve. It also provides limited warranty period with certain conditions. Let us see the features of this check valve
- It comes with popular 1 ½ inch and 1 ¼ inch size variants which suits with most of the fittings.
- It is made of plastic which is non-metallic and cannot corrode over time.
- The body is made of high-grade ABS material. The clamps are made of 301 stainless steel clamps.
- The hoses are made with Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR) which has good ageing stability and abrasion resistance.
- It has the capability of handling heavy duty pumps. However, this check valve has not been rated at a high temperature.
- No leakage of water.
- No worry of pressure as they come pressure tested.
- Wearing resistance during contact with another surface.
- It works in both vertical and horizontal directions.
- Valve works with spring.
- The flapper (which works with spring) might sometimes seem stiff which can reduce the flow of water.
- It is made of plastic.
Next is the Zoeller 30- 0041. As we know that Zoeller check valves are best rated traditional valves, this check valve is also a top rated variant. To be the best valve it must be noise resistance. This Zoeller 30- 041 works with springs to open and close the valves and thereby it reduces the banging noise made when the valve stops. These magical springs also eliminate the water hammer caused due to air to a large extent. The body is made of PVC plastic material which helps us to view the functioning of the valve. It has a limited warranty on certain conditions. The following are the features of this product
- It comes with most used 1 ½ inch size which can be easily fitted. It is designed to work in both vertical and horizontal direction.
- The ‘solvent weld ends’ feature helps the user to join the pipe without much difficulty which paves way for easy installation.
- Unlike other check valves, threading of pipes is not required.
- The plastic body has the ability to bear upto 50 PSI of pressure in the pipe. It is also designed to resist upto 130-degree Fahrenheit (54-degree celsius).
- Suitable for installations that are made below the basin cover.
- Easy and quick installation can be made with the help of solvent welding.
- Works efficiently even with high pressure.
- Transparent valve helps to see the working of the check valve.
- The ends are O-ring shaped and are unique to this device. If you go wrong in glueing, then you are forced to replace only from Zoeller.
Next in our discussion is the Wayne check valves. To reduce the back water flow, this check valve is specially designed to suit any sump pump (both submersible and pedestal sump pump). Like other valves, this one also comes with noise resistance. It uses the gravity of the water to open and close the valves. It also comes with a manufacturer’s warranty up to certain period of time. Let us look into the features of this product.
- This valve also comes in 1 ½ inch and 1 ¼ inch pipe connection which is suitable for the majority of the sump pumps.
- As it is made of PVC plastic, this check valve kit is corrosion resistant which lasts for longer time.
- It comes with ‘reducer boot’ which can resist high temperature in the pipe.
- It also comes along with small stainless steel clamp and large stainless steel clamp.
- Also includes 1 ½ inch shoulder head adaptor along with it.
- The check valve can resist high temperature of the water.
- Reduces the noise produced in the check valve.
- It is suitable for any kind of sump pump.
- Works with gravity to shut the valve which might increase the chances of water hammering.
- Not available easily at your local store.
The last is the watchdog klunkless check valve. Are you awakened on the rainy nights due to the noise created by the check valve when the pump shuts off? Watchdog klunkless valve comes to serve you as a watchdog and give you a pleasant sleep. The word klunkless itself clearly means that noise(clunk) is reduced. It is designed to suit all types of sump pumps. It is also manufactured with a motive to improve the durability of the check valves. Let us look into the features
- This valve comes with 1 ½ and 1 ¼ inch diameter which is suitable for most of the pipes.
- They can be easily fitted in compact places.
- It has a patented silencing air chambers which absorb the shock made when the valve is shut. It also reduces the water hammering sound and other air problems.
- It also comes with hose clamps made of stainless steel.
- It also comes with 2 years manufacturer’s warranty which helps to repair the valve if anything goes wrong during these periods without any cost.
- The installation work seems to be quite easy and quick.
- Noise is reduced to some extent.
- It reduces water hammer.
- Designed in such a way that it lasts for years.
- It makes noise while the valve shuts after few years of use.
- There are chances for leakage of water.
- Not suitable for the horizontal fixture.
- It is unreliable.
How to Choose The Best Check Valve For Sump Pump:
There are various sump pump check valves available on the market. Each of them differs substantially in terms of price, quality, durability, performance and etc. Before procuring a check valve for your sump pump have a look at the following points.
Budget: Estimate the budget that you wish to spend on a sump pump check valve. Check valves are available in various price ranges.
Type of sump pump: Know about the type of pump system that you have installed. Sometimes the check valve might fail to work due to mismatch with the pump.
Power level: Also know the power level of the sump pump. The check valve must be capable of functioning with the horsepower of the sump pump.
The frequency of use: Know the frequency of flooding or the frequency of usage of a sump pump. If the frequency is more then buy a branded check valve which can last for along time.
Speed: It emphasises on the speed at which water has to be moved. Select a check valve which can act at a similar speed.
Noise reduction: Emphasis on silent check valves. Check valves can create a loud banging noise when it is closed. Therefore choose a silent one.
Durability: Wish for a metal check valve which ultimately increases the lifespan of the valve. Plastic check valves have less durability than metal valves.
Diameter: Check the diameter of the pipe fitted in the sump pump. It is advisable to take a piece of pipe to get a right fit.
Benefits of Good sump pump check valves:
By choosing the best sump pump check valve, you can enjoy the following benefits
- Attaching a check valve ensures one-way flow of water and prevents back water flow. This prevents the water to get into the tank again when the pump stops.
- By fixing a check valve, the life of a sump pump can be improved. When a check valve is not fixed, each time when your sump pump turns off the water rushes back to the tank and causes wear and tear to the pump which in turn reduces the lifespan.
- Most of the check valve can be used as both vertically as well as horizontally.
- Fitting a right check valve can eliminate water hammer (causes when the flow of water gets reversed). The valve that does not rely on reverse gravity flow but uses the spring to close will prevent water hammer.
- Check valves reduce vibration in the pipe. It uses the velocity of the fluid to increase pressure against the valve disk which moves the disk smoothly and gently which in turn reduces vibrations.
- They act as pressure regulators which in turn saves energy. It helps to reduce the hammering noises by replacing an old valve with a “soft close” or “silent” check valve.
- The check valve can be replaced without cutting the pipe when it needs to be serviced. Therefore it does not take more time and energy to change to change the check valve.
As we conclude that check valve is an unavoidable part of sump pump which has many added benefits. There is a huge number of check valve models available in the market. Each valve has its own merits and demerits. Need changes from person to person based on size, location, budget, brand, speed and pressure required. With the help of the list of check valves provided above, see whether your needs match with the features of the check valve. Therefore evaluate your needs wisely and choose the right check valve for your sump pump and make the best use of it.
Must Read Related Posts:-READ MORE +
Best Sump Pump Check Valve Reviews
Have you ever wondered how does the water is discharged out of the sump pump in one direction and not backwards? If you do wonder, the reason behind is because of a check valve located on the discharge pipe. The best sump pump check valve helps to prevent the backflow of water into the tank when the motor is turned ...
READ MORE +
Best 7 Well Water Pressure Tank Reviews
WaterWorker HT-20B Vertical Pressure Well Tank
On installing a water tank, don’t you feel good when you find you have saved almost 50% of the space that was earlier taken up by a conventional tank? WaterWorker HT-20B is one such well pressure tank that now comes with a compact size along with a 20-gallon capacity. Strong and sturdy, its outer shell comprises the air container while the inner has the polypropylene liner and a butyl diaphragm. This leads to the separation of air from water and hence stops the growth of bacteria. Easy on the pocket, this energy-saving water tank is any-day a smart choice for any homeowner.
Features and Specifications:
- Constructed out of steel for more durability and strong support for years to come
- Polypropylene liner and a butyl diaphragm result in constant access to water
- Holds a capacity of 20 gallons of water that is similar to holding 42 gallons of water in a galvanized tank
- Due to Polypropylene liner,the water is segregated from the steel shell for sustaining water taste and odor
- Holds a maximum working pressure of 100 psi for residential purposes
- Comes with a built-in heavy-duty diaphragm
- Paint system is fully weather-resistant and does not corrode even in damp environments
- Very easy to install and takes no space for being compact in size
- Supports a high-gloss enamel finish that makes it safer
- Works best for all purposes, including residential and commercial
- Gives constant access to clean water due to its Polypropylene liner
- Unit often turns water-logged for leakage
- Longevity is not so good as it starts failing after a few years of operation
Amtrol WX-250 Well-X-Trol Stand Well Water Tank
If constant access to water has been a dream for you or something that can be possible beyond your budget, Amtrol WX-250 will now falsify all these myths. One of the reasons why homeowners would love to go about its durable construction for having its shell made of premium quality steel. No matter how aggressive the water flow is, its steel body will easily withstand it. With a built-in butyl diaphragm, this amtrol well x trol pressure tank has a corrosion-free inner liner. It capacitates 44 gallons of water while its highest working pressure is 125 PSIG. Installing it is easy and you also don’t burn a hole in your pocket.
Features and Specifications:
- The antimicrobial liner protection helps in killing almost 99% of bacteria
- Protects it from accumulating sediments owing to its water-jet scrubbing
- Equipped with welded air valve that fixes leak paths
- Has high-strength steel make for more strength and durability while its multi-dome construction allows for internal bracing
- With a groove seal and hoop ring, its diaphragm, shell, and liner are protected
- For its unique welding process,the interior will have no rough spots or sharp edges
- Its highest working pressure is 125 PSIG and provides 44 gallons of water
- Takes no space and time to install
- Holds 44 gallons of water that meets diverse water supply needs
- The tank is pressure tested to ensure more safety
- Completely bacterial free for its antimicrobial liner protection
- Quite sturdy and durable
- Base of the tank often gets damaged with time
- Tank often leaks that makes it water-logged
- Dents often found on the bottom ring
WaterWorker HT20HB Horizontal Pressure Well Tank
Have you ever thought of replacing your typical water tank with a pre-charged one? The WaterWorker HT20HB comes with a similar promise of keeping its air charge sustained to provide sufficient quantity of water whenever required. By using a thick diaphragm, it gets the water separated from the pre-charged air, thereby reducing air loss. Owing to its steel shell, the tank gets enough support to hold the water weight. Moreover, the water stored is kept away from any sort of odor due to its polypropylene liner. So, if you have always thought of a replacement, go for this 20-gallon capacity well pressure tank.
Features and Specifications:
- Tank has a horizontal design that makes it easier to install by taking less space
- Designed so as to keep up the air charge for years to come
- Equipped with polypropylene inner that protects the water from acquiring odor
- Comprises a thick diaphragm that separates the water from air, thereby reducing loss of air
- Holds a total volume of 20 gallons of water and is pre-charged to 25 PSI
- The external shell is made of steel that makes it hold the weight of water with ease
- Saves energy and water considerably
- Can capacitate up to 20 gallons of water
- Saves both water and energy at the same time
- Outer shell made out of steel that handles aggressive water easily
- Has a polypropylene liner that helps to keep the water odorless and maintains taste as well
- The motor mount on the top often receives dents while getting shipped
- Tank often runs rusty water
- Installation issues often crop up
Flotec FP7110T 19-Gallon Pre-Charged Water Tank
As the saying goes, big things come in small packages, and this perfectly stands true for Flotec FP7110T. This modern-day appliance sports a heavy-gauge steel construction and holds a capacity of 19 gallons in total. With a diameter of 16 inches and height of 28 inches, it is so compact in size that it will hardly take space to get installed. Equivalent to a 42-gallon tank, Flotec FP7110T weighs only 50 pounds and is quite easy to install involving no complications. It is no doubt a super affordable water tank that will offer lifelong service to its users with hardly any glitches.
Features and Specifications:
- Carved out of solid steel that makes it quite durable and reliable
- Has a total capacity of 19 gallons of water that stands equivalent to a 42-gallon tank
- Installation procedure is not time-consuming and the tank takes very little space to set up
- The water flowing out of the tank does not come into contact with other metal parts
- Separates the air from water for producing completely odorless and clear water
- Weighs 50 pounds that makes it quite light in weight
- Quite pocket-friendly that makes it affordable for homeowners
- Quite compact in size and light in weight that makes it easier to carry
- Comes with a capacity of 19 gallons of water that is good enough to meet multiple purposes
- Quite affordable in comparison to typical water tanks
- The female tank resting at the bottom of the tank often leaks
- No pump mount included that causes inconvenience during installation
WaterWorker HT-32B Vertical Pressure Well Tank
The 21st-century water tank manufacturers are coming up with such models that are not only energy-efficient but having a rock-solid steel construction for unmatched durability. The WaterWorker HT-32B comes with such promising features that make it an ideal option for today’s homeowners. With its shell made of steel, the tank supports the water pressure perfectly to make sure that water is not made to rest in lose rubber bags that can later fold and wear with time. Capacitating 32 gallons of water, WaterWorker HT-32B is just too good to meet a wide range of household purposes. So, you can invest in it with no second thought.
Features and Specifications:
- Holds the capacity to withstand high water pressure owing to its polypropylene liner
- The thick diaphragm ensures that the water is separated from air to ensure that there is no bad taste or odor
- The waterway lining is made of stainless steel that eliminates its chances of cracking or stripping off
- For having a molded diaphragm, it takes a compact size and hence fits quite effortlessly
- Being NSF certified, it is absolutely safe and reliable to use
- Total volume to hold water is 32 gallons that stand similar to 82 gallons of a plain water tank
- High on strength and durability for being made of good quality steel
- Outer shell is strong enough to withstand aggressive water pressure
- Holds a capacity of 32 gallons of water that easily meets multiple household jobs
- Takes no time to install
- High possibility of dents during the shipping procedure
- The bottom base of the tank gradually damages with time
WaterWorker HT-14HB Horizontal Pressure Well Tank
Imagine a water tank undergoing a minimal operation and yet producing high productivity along side energy saving. WaterWorker HT-14HB is the name of that super-power horizontal pressure tank that comes equipped with a butyl diaphragm for maximum durability. This 14-gallon capacity water tank, moreover, has a polypropylene liner that will not crack or chip, thereby producing odorless and clear water for use. Its maximum working capacity is 50 PSI that is good enough to provide water in good quantity. What makes it high on durability is its outer shell that is made of pure quality steel. In other words, if you want to see your investments going worth every penny, just get this horizontal well water pressure tank.
Features and Specifications:
- Comes equipped with a heavy-duty diaphragm that results in its extended lifespan
- Has a paint system which is completely weather-resistant and works fine in damp environments
- Its locking ring makes the diaphragm more airtight that strengthens its service in the long-run
- For more support, it comes with a foot-base made of premium quality steel
- Extremely hardy outer shell that is made of steel for more strength
- Its polypropylene liner allows for fresh and clean drinking water
- Holds a total of 14 gallons of water which is similar to a 30-gallon galvanized tank
- Manufactured with a butyl diaphragm that makes it more durable
- Its polypropylene liner will not allow the water and air to come into contact
- Possesses a high working capacity of 50 PSI
- Waterway lining made of quality stainless steel
- The bottom base of the tank is not strong enough to survive
- Tanks are of average quality that raises a question on quality
Amtrol WX-203 Well-X-Trol Stand Well Water Tank
When it comes to investing in a water tank, the factors that bother your attention are safety, convenience, and durability. Amtrol WX-203 meets all these factors as they have a super strong shell made of steel as well as a polypropylene inner for keeping taste and flow of water good and consistent. What makes it safer is its hoop ring that protects the diaphragm, making it more reliable for smooth operation in the coming years. Having a maximum working pressure of 125 PSIG and capacity of 32 gallons, this world-class pressure tank from Amtrol is just amazing in terms of performance. All homeowners would love considering for home as it weighs less and takes no time to install.
Features and Specifications:
- Tank has an inner liner made of polypropylene that doubles its strength and durability
- Comes with a butyl diaphragm made of rubber which is thick enough to stop accumulating bacteria
- Seamless construction with a heavy-duty diaphragm for more flexibility and support
- Controls aggressive water with ease owing to its steel connection
- An air valve comes permanently attached that eliminates stress on the pump system
- The design of the diaphragm is such that it will never collapse unlike other bladders
- Diaphragm stays completely secured by the hoop ring so that the tank can work properly in the long-run
- Comes equipped with a hoop ring that completely safeguards the diaphragm
- Supports a capacity of 32 gallons of water at a working pressure of 125 PSIG
- Quite light in weight and requires minimal space and time for the installation
- Dents often found inside the package after shipping
- The base of the tank is prone to damage and therefore not reliable
Things to Consider While Buying the Best Well Pressure Tank
When it comes to buying a new appliance for the first time, what one needs to prioritize is knowing the most important things it can do for you. To be more precise, you need to know what features it usually has, how does it overall perform, what benefits do the user mostly gets, and so on. Unless you are aware of these things, you will either be misguided or end up choosing the wrong product for lack of knowledge.
So, if it’s a well pressure tank and you are going to pick the best out of the rest, here are a few pointers that will certainly help you. Take a look:
- Tank capacity –
Whichever type of tank you are willing to choose, you always have this question in mind as to how much water the tank can weigh. Now, it also depends on you how much size you can make for setting up the tank. Needless to say, large tanks take more space while the smaller ones hardly require any. Just remember, if the need for water is huge, you must aim for a larger tank than a smaller one. Small tanks will meet the basic water needs.
- Installation Flexibility –
A wise thing to inspect first whether a pressure tank would fit in your home is checking its design. Depending on the design, you will have an idea how easily you would be able to set up the tank. You know how much space you have and accordingly, you will be able to decide whether installing the tank at your place will be a wise decision or not.
- Sturdiness –
When you are investing on measures related to water, you need to aware of how sturdy the appliance is. Technically, you need to check that the liner does not have a crack or chip in the long-run. Furthermore, the material should be so that it must not affect the water and its taste in any way.
- Brand Value –
Brands of course matter, especially when it comes to choosing a best pressure tank for well. Today, one of the best ways to check the brand value is going through the websites and going through the user reviews. So, whichever brand you have chosen for your tank, make sure that it has a reputation in the market, or otherwise, it is better not to go with the local ones.
- Electrical Support –
Although well pressure tanks do not go through electrical complications, it’s always better to check the voltage support and other requirements that will help you install it correctly. For assistance, you can always talk to a professional electrician who will guide you in this respect.
- User Manual –
In today’s digital world, it is no doubt easier to watch a video for any task. But a user manual within reach will always help you guide better and faster. So, make sure that the product is having a user manual with it.
Benefits of Best Pressure Tanks for Water Wells
Technology has showered its true colors on thousands of homeowners by means of unlimited modernized appliances. One of them is the well pressure tank that has been designed to make the well system more efficient and simultaneously eliminate wear and tear of a water pump. These new-age appliances come with built-in diaphragm and bladder that make it easier for one to have constant access to water without depending on the pump. Well, if you intend to install one such brilliant water system at home, you must have a fair idea about the benefits of a water pressure tank.
Here are a few reasons why a water pressure tank is beneficial to install:
- Unlimited access to water –
A big advantage of a water pressure tank is that it does not depend on its long-drawn running time that makes it provide water all the time. These water tanks are run on high-tech mechanisms that also cut off the chances of causing any damage to the water pump. With a minimal run-time, it gives enough water for one to meet one’s purpose.
- No wastage of water –
Nothing can beat the convenience of knowing the amount of water you are going to use beforehand. A well pressure tank will let you know the right amount of water it will be storing. So, you will not have water getting wasted.
- Inexpensive and saves energy–
Well pressure tanks are usually quite reasonable in comparison to the typical ones. Furthermore, these do not consume much energy, thereby saving you from paying high utility bills every month. In other words, you save both money and electricity with a good well pressure tank.
Now that you have known everything about a well water tank, you are just left with the job of buying it. Just make sure that you have sound knowledge of every feature it has so that it does not become difficult for you to operate it. If you have good space, you will be benefitted by setting up a tank of a larger size. Well, whichever tank you are planning to install, it should meet your daily needs and make you a satisfied user. So, know your domestic water system, check the size and capacity of the new tank, watch your budget and bring home the ultimate well water tank for an ultimate experience.
READ MORE +
Best Well Pressure Tank Reviews – Top Picks
Are you looking for the Best Rated Well Pressure Tank? Throughout the day when you need a lot of water for meeting diverse household activities, it often happens that your faucet runs out of adequate supply and you are left annoyed. A well water tank, in this respect, takes a specific amount of water and yet ...
READ MORE +