A portable sump pump is a critical device that protects a home from various basement flooding dangers. Different types of sump pumps are there, but portable ones get more recognition among house owners. The interesting facts about portable devices are that they make the maintenance, installation and troubleshooting simpler. Portable Sump Pump not only eases several tasks, but sump pump also gives you a superb possibility to carry without any difficulty when using sump pump at different portions of your house. You can utilize this suitable device for both pumping the basement water and for your swimming pool. The following three handy sump pumps have the capability to remove extra water from the dwelling.
Top 5 Portable Sump Pump Comparison Chart
- Little Giant 6-CIA 1/3 Horsepower Submersible Sump Pump
- Item Weight : 13 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 10.3 x 10.5 x 9.4 inches
- Size : 2760 GPH
- Customer Reviews : 93+
- Wayne VIP50 1/2 HP Thermoplastic Portable Electric Water Removal Pump
- Item Weight : 7.6 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 6 x 6 x 10 inches
- Horsepower : 1 HP
- Customer Reviews : 415+
Best 3 Portable Sump Pump Reviews
Attwood WaterBuster Handy Pump
The Attwood WaterBuster is a portable submersible sump pump that offers an excellent way to eliminate additional water from pool covers, sump pits, boats, and aquariums. This handy pump is well known for its safe and convenient features. It does not need any electrical cord and runs about five hours on three alkaline powered D batteries. The lightweight, portable pump-out, and compact device are ideal for eliminating the excess water from dinghies, duck boats, kayaks, inflatables, paddle vessels and vessel which lacks an electrical, permanent pumping system.
The powerful batteries in this device make it extremely secure and well-suited. The creative applications of this pump consist of eliminating additional water from simply about anywhere. This most powerful pump removes about two hundred gallons per every hour. Most importantly, this reliable pump can lift the water about four feet. There is a suitable hose adapter available for increasing the length to forty-two inches of hose. The weight of this portable pump is less than 2 pounds.
- Perfect for eliminating water from peddling boats, kayaks and much more
- Entirely portable
- It runs about 5 hours on three batteries (alkaline D)
- Made by using quality plastic
- Open flow of pump is 200 gph
- The range of two feet head is 125 gph
- Comes with forth two inches of hose with a garden-hose adapter used for incorporating longer hose
- Lifts flood up to 40 inches
- Battery-operated and portable pump perfect for removing unwanted water
- It pumps about two gallons/hr and lifts water about four feet
Superior Pump – 92330 1/3 HP Thermoplastic Pump with A Tethered Float button
This 1/3 hp pump is a submersible pump offered by Superior Pump. It will move about forty gallons of unwanted water per every minute. The safe and UI listed pump includes high quality and corrosion resistant material known as a thermoplastic. It has a split capacitor that continuous and efficient operation. Additionally, it comes with the adjustable and convenient float switch.
The free button is the main highlight of this pump that will turn the sump pump off/on automatically. It has the most powerful and energy efficient motor of 4.1 amps. The highly efficient engine brings sump both durability and longer life. The model has a suction screen on the bottom that can beat away additional water about 1/8 of the inch from your floor. The MNPT discharge in this pump has removable adapter ideal for the active applications. There are striking features of this thermoplastic pump that make it perfect for average flood removal applications.
- Affordable, more reliable and stronger
- Comes with an excellent range of standard feature
- Includes single-piece motor housing and reliable motor windings
- Superior strength and heat dissipation
- Require less energy yet produce more power
- High quality and reliable shaft seal
- Developed to last
- It has powerful engine with 1/3-horsepower
- Moves about forty gallons of unwanted water per every minute
- Handy suction screen and ten-foot cord
- Quality and anti-corrosion thermoplastic construction
- UL listed for utilizing in the sump applications
Wayne – VIP50 1/2 HP Portable Thermoplastic Electric Sump Pump
This 1/2 HP Wayne submersible device can handle about 3/8 inches of solid without reaching clogged. This portable pump can pump about 2500 gallons/hour and built with a bottom suction which can eliminate water about 1/8 inches of the surface. The thermoplastic housing, impeller, and volute are completely corrosion resistant. It has the 1/4-inches of discharge ideal for greater volume flood removal.
Also, this pump also has the garden water hose adapter of 3/4 inches that is perfect for the smaller jobs. The handy devices are multi-purposes pumps used in different places that range from daily applications in your house to the occasional use. Moreover, it removes the water from construction sites, basement floors, water beds and draining aquariums.
- Used to remove the water from boats
- For removing flood from low-lying exterior collection spots
- Used in flooded basements
- 1/2 HP Durable Thermoplastic and Submersible Sump Pump
- Assembled with both domestic and foreign parts
- Pumps unnecessary water with the smaller solids
- It removes floor down to roughly about 1/8 inches of surface
- Build with corrosion resistant and sealed thermoplastic
- Entirely submersible
- The maximum flow rate of this pump is 2500 Gallons/Hour
- It provides about 1550 GPH at ten feet of the discharge lift
- The weight of this thermoplastic pump is 7.35 pounds
How to use a Portable Sump Pump
There are many things to consider while using your handy sump pump. It is a highly low-pressure device that moves flood from one place to another location. The convenient sump pump works with a motor or engine is driven impeller which is in the right fitting situation. By using the outlet and inlet of the case, the current flood will be transferred through tubing or pipe into another place. You can use these portable sump pumps during flooding. You can follow these guidelines to use a suitable sump pump.
The compact devices are ideal for places that rarely affected by flood issues. They are affordable sump pump and can clean up all kinds of small waves in a straightforward manner. Whenever you face the flooding problems, you will require installing a sump pump near to water. Try to avoid placing sump water in the flood water. It is useful to remember that the portal devices need the electrical outlet. In fact, they push wave as different to pull the device. For this reason, you can place it near your floor.
Guide to Use it Temporarily
You require keeping in mind few things while using the sump pump portable. They are different than the permanent models so that you can treat it differently. When you experience huge floods often, you will require getting the permanent model.
In some instance, these sump pumps do not arrive with the valves attached. You can ensure that you can turn off your sump pumps as they empty. Letting your device to run completely dry will burn out its motor quickly.
The good portable sump pump is not an enduring solution. You can use these pumps temporarily for preventing the damage. The useful water removing solution helps you to reduce the possibilities of severe flooding issues. Choosing a larger or bigger pump is an excellent way to remove the water. The smaller devices are highly likely to be exhausted when you use it. Ensure that you maintain the equipment stored in the location where the pump can be removed easily while you require it.
These are useful guidelines that bring you an excellent chance to use the most convenient sump pumps without facing any difficulties. For getting more from your sump pumps, you can use the best kind of accessories and resources, including a handy sump pump, eye protection, liner, and gloves.
Choosing a perfect portable sump pump is a vital task, and you need to do it wisely with the complete knowledge about different best products. Spend sufficient time to research properly and get the right product for the swimming pool and basement of your house. You can read the reviews of portable sump pumps here. The above-listed sump pumps have better portability, capacity and some other useful features. These devices bring you a peaceful mind as it let you move it from one spot to another spot with ease. Therefore, picking the most suitable portable sump pump is a safe way to get rid of different flooding hassles.