Merely installing a sump pump is not always enough when it comes to protecting your basement and your property. It's always best practice to install a sump pump alarm system that can be used to alert you anytime your system has failed. A sump pump can be hung inside the sump pump basin or on top of the pit. You will get an alert if sump pump is not working well and water reached the alarm's sensor. When you are searching for such a best quality water alarms for basements, you are likely to come across different models offered by various brands.
Top 5 Best Selling Sump Pump Alarms Comparison Chart
|No.||Image||Name||Item Weight||Product Dimensions||Customer Reviews||Where to buy|
|1||In/Outdoor High Water Alarm||2.1 pounds||3 x 3.5 x 3 inches||30+||Check Price|
|2||Glentronics, Inc. BWD-HWA||5.6 ounces||1.2 x 3.2 x 4.2 inches||1380+||Check Price|
|3||Basement Watchdog BWC1||1.6 pounds||12 x 9 x 4 inches||330+||Check Price|
|4||Zoeller 10-4011||2.8 pounds||7.5 x 7.5 x 4.5 inches||20+||Check Price|
|5||Control Products Power Alarm HS-700||1.2 pounds||2.5 x 8 x 11 inches||240+||Check Price|
Reviews of Top 5 Sump Pump Alarms On The Market
Generally all the homes are constructed with sump pump system, which is used to bring out rain water from the underground. When you have this system installed in your home, it is important to opt for sump pump alarms which is battery powered and can be mounted anywhere on the wall with the help of specific hardware units.
FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
- With this sump pump alarm system, you can easily monitor the water level in septic system, sump pump and even pond right from the comfort of your home.
- This alarm indicates the malfunctioning of the pump both audibly and visually.
- It monitors the water level and triggers the alarm when the water level exceeds the limit or when the pump fails to function.
- The high water alarm for sump pump includes one inch LED indicator lights which are visible even from hundreds of feet away.
- The flashing red light gets turned and the alarms produce 90 db of sound when there is a high level of water.
- The installation of this sump pump water alarm is simple and you need not have to be the professional in installing it.
- All you need is to set the float and mount the head unit.
- Once you have plugged in the unit, the installation will be complete.
Glentronics water sensor and alarm system is popularly called as basement watchdog. This basement water alarm plays a vital role in minimizing the risk associated with water damage. This can be installed in sump pits or other areas where water monitoring is required. They are perfect to be installed in washing machines, air conditioners, under sinks or hot tankless water heaters. You can purchase tankless water heater at online stores or read our online reviews at tankless water heater buying guide before making any purchase.
FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
- In order for the functioning of this alarm for sump pump failure, it requires 9 volt battery.
- Moreover, it features solid state circuitry that is extremely reliable and sensitive.
- The alarm can also detect the 1/32 inch increase in when it is placed on the floor.
- The sump pump with alarm includes a sensor which comes with 6 foot wire which lets you to extent it into the sump pit or placed in another location.
- The sensor has a 6 feet wire which can be extended upto (100 feet) sump tank or mounted on a wall.
- Even if you want to extend the distance, you can even add extra wide as per your requirement.
- The sump pump failure alarm produces sound around 110 db which can be heard all through the house.
This wifi sump pump alarm comes with 2 floats and if the first float fails to perform its work, the 2nd float will carry out the task effectively. This means that you will enjoy added security to your property by draining out the sump completely. You will find a protective float cage included in this sump pump water level alarm system which helps in keeping away the debris and wires from distracting the float movement.
FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
- This wireless sump pump alarm comes with vented curved bottom which reduces the build-up of debris under the float.
- There are two floats for further protection. If the first one fails to float, then the second float activates the sump pump. Float two provides added redundancy.
- This basement watchdog is designed in such a way that it lets the sump to run for 10 seconds additionally in order to pump out the excess water.
- With the help of protective cage, debris and wires do not interfere the float movement.
- This sump alarm notification system gives the liberty of installing floats at any level with the help of hose clamp and controller.
- It is compatible with almost all sump pumps.
- The pump will be activated automatically.
Zoeller A-PAK indoor alarm system is an ideal option for sump pumps. Water damage can become costly, no need to mention the expense and hassle of replacement and repair you could encounter by not being equipped with water alarm systems. This high quality water alarms from Zoeller is fit for use with sump pumps or any other sewage ejectors, however can also be used anywhere a higher water level can lead to concern.
FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
- Being the most preferable among the top rated sump pump alarms, it features a warning light, an alarm test switch, green ‘power on’ light and a horn silence switch.
- It has been recommended by the manufacturer that the alarm system is not plugged to the same circuit as the sump pump.
- The alarm must be shut off manually, however it will be automatically reset.
- You can make use of this water detection alarm for monitoring the liquid levels in sump pump basins, lift pump chambers, sewage, holding tanks, agricultural and other non-potable application of water.
- Some of the features of this A-Pak indoor high water alarm includes auto reset solid state alarm, manual shut off, auxiliary dry contacts, and non-corrosive enclosure for indoor use.
The homesitter alarm is the inexpensive multi-functional home monitoring device available in the market. This water sensors alarm for basements will produce sound as any audible alarm and you can call up to 3 telephone numbers to prevent your home from damage caused due to temperature extremes, power failures or water leaks.
FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
- Alarm set-up just takes few minutes and no installation costs or monitoring fees involves.
- All that you want is a phone like and also a power outlet.
- This sump pump alarm is suitable for protecting any home area whether it is a rental property, vacation, primary home or multi-unit home that requires protection while you are at work or away.
- This wireless high water alarm comes with a water sensor for monitoring leaky pipes, over-flowing sump pumps or burst washing machine hoses.
- You will also receive notification during power outage that can affect components ruin freezers worth of food.
- This device not just calls you, but also produces audible alarm when you are in home.
- Setup process and the test is simple.
- Notifies with voice instruction.
- If you miss the first call, it reminds you through alternative numbers.
- Considerably cheaper price.
- Doesn’t work with some of the mobile networks.
This alarm is made for both indoor and outdoor use. It is very useful when there is a high water level or in case of pump failure. When it notices any water, it will notify you immediately through an alarming sound or through a text message or through e-mail. Unlike other models, this one does not have a battery backup but is able to send alerts even during power cuts and lack of internet connection. This is made possible with the help of server-side backup facility. It also has 5 years of guarantee. The following are the features and specifications.
- It includes LED pilot light which warns you when there is a change in water level. It also has a longer life.
- The alarm is louder with 90 decibel sound.
- It has weatherproof technology and other elements which is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- For customer mounting, it has 4 rear mounting holes.
- It also contains 10-foot float switch cord from alarm to the sump pump.
- It is suitable to function efficiently from -40 degree to 140 degree Fahrenheit.
- It has a mercury-free float switch.
- Compatible with computer or mobile or tablet.
- Sends voice notification alert.
- It has a creative server-side backup battery. Therefore no worry when there is a power cut.
- The construction is durable.
- Loud enough to hear the alarm sound.
- Also sends text messages.
- The Wi-Fi connection method requires some bettering.
- There is some monitoring fee applicable.
Water leakage can happen at any time and floods your basement. Keeping an eye on the sump pump all the time is not possible. But, D-LINK DCH-S160 makes it possible by notifying you when there is any problem with the sump pump. It works with Wi-Fi sensor and notifies through a Mydlink home app. When the red light blinks, it means that something is going wrong with the pump. To make it much simpler, it pings you with a loud alarm sound signifying a problem. This service does not require you to pay a monthly fee. Let’s look through its features and specifications.
- Wi-Fi enabled water sensor.
- It pings you with a push notification when there is any leakage.
- The alarm sounds are louder up to 70 decibels. So carry on with your work without any worries.
- Blinks with red LED light when the water is deducted.
- It includes Portable 3.5 feet non-sensing and 1.65 feet sensor cables.
- Be free to set your own rules with the My dlink home app. So customize your rules as per your choice.
- Have fun by paring with any IFTTT enabled app or product. See what’s going on in your home just by installing the Mydlink home monitor.
- Easy work to setup
- No monthly fees
- It can also be paired with a Wi-Fi siren. This saves you from spending thousands of money for damage by warning with a loud noise.
- Gives you total peace of mind.
- Tells you when water was leaked or detected with timely notifications.
- The inbuilt alarm is not very loud. This pushes us towards buying a Wi-Fi siren.
- First-time users feel difficult to setup.
Sump pumps are of best use in draining out the excessive water, but it necessitates sometimes your help as well. It is the reason why they come with alarm system. Sump Pump Alarm is a very useful and cost efficient device of any sump pump system. With the alarm system, you can be certain that you are given notice as and when your sump pump fails to work suddenly. A sump pump alarm must be installed soon as you have equipped your sump pump system during stormy nights. Hence, with a best quality sump pump, it is also needed that you find a right quality sump pump with alarm. Hence, from this, you have learned the important aspects of sump pump alarm.