Most people don’t think about their home’s basement until there’s a problem. But if you’re one of the lucky few with a basement, it’s essential to keep an eye on it and take care of any issues that may arise. Otherwise, you could end up with a flooded basement or worse.
That’s where the Basement Watchdog BW1050 model comes in. This handy little device is designed to help you keep an eye on your basement and ensure it stays dry and free of any problems.
The Basement Watchdog BW1050 is a small sump pump that you can place in your basement. It has a built-in sensor that automatically detects any air moisture and turns on the pump. The pump will remove water from the area and keep your basement dry.
The worldwide pump market is expected to reach several million dollars with an exponential CAGR during 2022-2028, per MarketWatch’s report. However, with a growing market, it is often hard to decide which one is perfect for your requirements.
This blog post will review the features of the Basement Watchdog BW1050 and help you decide if it’s the right sump pump for your home.
The first thing you’ll notice about the Basement Watchdog BW1050 is its small size. Despite being a heavy-duty sump pump with a huge capacity of 73.33 Gallons Per Minute, the pump only weighs 13 pounds. This makes it easy to place in your basement without taking up too much space.
It’s also very easy to set up and use. The instruction manual is clear and concise, and setting up the pump is a breeze. Once the pump is set up, you must place the sensor where it can detect any moisture. The pump will then do its job automatically, keeping your basement dry and free of any water damage.
The Basement Watchdog BW1050 is a small, compact sump pump designed for easy placement and use. It has a clear and concise instruction manual and is very easy to set up. The pump also has a built-in sensor that will detect any moisture in the area and automatically turn on the pump.
For Installation of the Basement Watchdog Sump Pump, please watch the video:
Customer Feedback and Rating
The Basement Watchdog BW1050 has mostly positive customer feedback. Most customers say that the pump is easy to use and does a great job of keeping their basement dry. 80% of the global ratings on Amazon are either a 5-star or 4!
People mostly appreciated how well the replacement pump worked and how easy it was to set up. The narrow base diameter, the float switch mechanism, check valve, super-friendly customer service, and the quiet nature of the pump are all highly rated as well.
A few people did have issues with the pump, mainly relating to it not working as expected. Most complaints are about the rusty cast iron body. But these were in the minority, and most customers were delighted with their purchase.
The Basement Watchdog BW1050 is a small sump pump with mostly positive customer feedback. Most people say it’s easy to use and does a great job of keeping their basement dry. The few complaints are primarily about the pump not working as expected.
Benefits and Drawbacks
- It is ideal for small pits, so whenever there is an issue with digging water from otherwise tight holes, it can deliver good results.
- It is highly cost-effective considering its performance and probably the best deal among this franchise’s other pumps. The price is worth it.
- One of the most efficient sump pumps regarding power consumption considering the amount of work it can do, as it runs only on 115 volts.
- The alarm system is extremely user-friendly as the controller rings the alarm, and the warning light flashes when there is an issue. So, it will come to your notice immediately.
- The pump can get clogged from time to time, and cables may become loose with time.
- The battery backup can become dead after a point, and the lack of battery backup power is worrying.
- The cast iron body is rusty as there are complaints by a few customers.
- However, the pump notifies you immediately if there is any problem. So, that is advantageous.
- The pump can function to fetch 4400 gallons each hour, and it is one of the most powerful sump pumps that the franchise has ever produced.
- Despite being so heavy-duty, the pump is not at all heavy. It only weighs 13 pounds.
- The pump also consumes little space as the dimensions of 6.2*6.2*11.8 inches indicate a lot of power is packed into the small body.
- It includes a 10 ft electric cable, so you can place it a bit further away from the electrical source if need be, which gives positional flexibility to a great extent.
- It consumes one horsepower, which shows that it has a high-efficiency level.
- The product comes with a two-year warranty period.
- Indeed this is a lengthy period, allowing the customer to change or repair the product through the maintenance and support system of the franchise.
- The pump is tested for industrial-strength, which indicates that it can perform its duty continuously if needed.
- It comes with a protective cage for dual float switches, which ensures that there is no damage to the float switch by any means.
- The motor is of the permanent split capacitor type, making it highly efficient.
- The discharge is vertical. So, you can now fit the pump in small sump pits, as small as holes of 7-inch diameter.
Basement Watchdog as a Sump Pump Brand
Basement Watchdog is a very old and trusted brand in the business, and it has been serving people for a long time. Led by the owner and inventor Alan Schulman, the company started its journey in the late 1980s.
Alan started his career with battery distributorship in the Chicago area. Many of the batteries were used in a backup pump, and Alan noticed the people’s disappointment when their battery backup sump pumps failed to work.
The experience gave him the idea of inventing a product that would not let the people down in their hour of need. So he started working on a battery-powered sump pump, and after a lot of hard work and dedication, he came up with a product that was much better than the existing ones in the market.
The product was an instant hit, and Alan never had to look back since then. The company has constantly innovated and developed new products to help people with their watery problems.
Today, Basement Watchdog is a well-known name in the business and has a solid customer base. In addition, the company has always had good feedback regarding its products, which is evident from the fact that most of its products have 4 or 5-star ratings on Amazon.
The company provides 24/7 customer support and has a very user-friendly website. So you can easily find the product you need and order it without hassle.
Is Basement Watchdog BW1050 Worth Purchasing?
Basement Watchdog BW1050 is a mighty and efficient sump pump with some fantastic features. The fact that it comes with a 3-year warranty is a testament to its quality.
The company’s customer service is also excellent, and you can be sure that you will not face any problems regarding the product.
The only drawback of the product is that it does not come with a backup power source, which can be a problem in a power outage.
The product is worth purchasing, and if you search for a reliable and heavy-duty sump pump, Basement Watchdog BW1050 should be your go-to option.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the Basement Watchdog pump last?
The Basement Watchdog pump is built for durability and long-term use. With proper maintenance, the pump can last for years.
Do the basement watchdog sump pumps charge the battery?
The control unit for charging a LEAD-ACID battery should only be used. DO NOT utilize the control unit to charge dry-cell batteries, commonly used with home appliances.
How do I add distilled water to my basement watchdog?
The Basement Watchdog Big Dog and Professional models have a sealed lead-acid battery. Therefore, you must use distilled water when adding water to the battery. This will help prevent the buildup of minerals on the battery plates, reducing the battery’s performance.
Watch this video for your step-by-step guide to adding water to your pump:
Basement Watchdog BW1050 is a powerful and efficient sump pump with some amazing features. The fact that it comes with a 3-year warranty is a testament to its quality. The company’s customer service is also outstanding, and you can be sure that you will not face any problems regarding the product.
The only drawback of the product is that it does not come with a backup power source, which can be a problem in a power outage. The product is worth purchasing as a backup pump when the main pump fails.
So, if you are looking for a reliable and heavy-duty sump pump, Basement Watchdog BW1050 should be your go-to option.