Tag: pedestal pump
Functions of a Pedestal Sump Pumps
Like any other appliance in your home, your pedestal sump pumps need seasonal servicing to make sure you have proper year around issue free performance. A good rule of thumb would certainly be to make sure you examine the operation of one basement sump pump at the very least two times a year; this task just requires a few minutes of your time in order to check the sump pump unit for proper operation.
Your pedestal sump pump is just like one of many things in our homes that we tend to forget about that really does need a certain amount of upkeep from time to time. Unfortunately it’s not until we return home to discover a few inches of standing water in our basements that most of us remember we even have pedestal sump pumps.
For those of you who may not be so familiar with the actual function of a pedestal sump pumps, here is a quick overview for you.
Basement sump pumps are intended remove all the water inside the sump pump basin, which is the bucket like item that the sump pump is lowered into. Once the water reaches up to a specific level, a lever or trigger is tripped which turns your pump on.
Now this of course requires the use of electricity, and / or the use of a battery backup system. The pedestal sump pumps take the built up water from inside the basin and pumps the water out of your basement or crawl space through the use of a discharge pipe that rises out of your sump pump basin. This discharge line then carries the water to the outside of your house and it is pumped away from your home.
Pedestal sump pumps are available in many different styles. A number of these include the submersible sump pump, water powered sump pump, dry sump pump, plus the sump pump battery backup models.
Most plumbing contractors do highly recommend that all homeowners put in sump pump battery backup models.
Pedestal sump pumps with the battery backup might set you back a little more than the average submersible sump pump; however we look at the extra expense as being a real cheap form of insurance. If you think about it, most of the emergency use involving your sump pump usually takes place during adverse weather conditions, which often leads to electric power outages.Several factors you definitely want to keep in mind as you review pedestal sump pumps include:
- The main construction of your sump pumps housing, as well as interior parts. Cast iron housing units definitely will last longer when compared to the standard plastic housing.
- Your inner parts should always be manufactured out of carbon and ceramic as well as assembled using stainless steel screws in order to ensure a nice long working lifespan and to help you prevent corrosion. Cast iron housing sump pumps with carbon and ceramic parts will cost a little extra, but it all gets back to that cheap insurance we spoke about earlier.
- What should be the actual pumping capacity of your submersible or dry sump pump? The greater the pumping capacity, the faster you get rid of the water from the basement. This is usually explained as a GPH number, and this will range from 100gph to 4000gph. If you will have continual need for a heavy duty basement sump pump system, homeowners should look for a double pump pedestal sump pump system. This way in the event that your primary sump pump stops working, your backup pump will kick in. For heavy users, we would also recommend purchasing a ½ horse motor over a 1/6 horse motor.
- Determine if you prefer a submersible pedestal sump pump, a dry sump pump, or possibly even water powered sump pump. If you’re not confident about the model of sump pump you want or will need, this might be a good time for you to consultant with a plumber, or your neighborhood hardware store. A good rule of thumb at this point is just to replace your current pump with the same type that was initially previously installed, but add a new battery backup model, or better yet, the double pump model with a battery backup.
Add pedestal sump pump alarm with your new pump, and you will have the best in protection against water damage. Your basement sump pump alarm system will signal a high water alarm once the water in the basin has reached to a specific level. This unique alarm system will also activate in case you should suffer a sump pump breakdown.
With appropriate installation and regular maintenance of your pedestal sump pump, most people will get plenty of years of issue free operation along with waterless basements. So keep in mind, your basement sump pump is just like every other appliance inside your home and requires upkeep.
Visually check your sump pump at least two times a calendar year. Inspecting for splits around the housing cover, dirt, silt and sediment build up around the motor and the inlets.
Test the operation of your pedestal sump pump simply by pouring a few buckets of water into the pump basin, this way you can be sure your pump activates, and that it is pumping and functioning properly.
Many families rarely spend time down in their basements unless they have them remodeled, which means many of us won’t realize we have any water problems until we walk down into those areas. By that time it really is too late; the water damage has already been done. Of course, this is an excellent reason why you should add a sump pump alarm to your new pedestal sump pumps.
READ MORE +
Best Pedestal Sump Pump Reviews
Unlike submersible models, the Pedestal pumps are designed to fit above the sump water level. The pedestal sump pump has the float switch or sensor that will activate the motor when the water level is reached to certain level. This sump pump is the popular choice for the home owners as it has many number of advantages of dewatering the sump. This pump is normally thin and long in shape. It is made of stainless steel, bronze or cast iron for gaining the durability. Higher horsepower of the pump makes it unique with the extraordinary ways of water suction in less time.
COMPARISON OF TOP 5 PEDESTAL SUMP PUMPS ON THE MARKET
BEST RATED PEDESTAL SUMP PUMP REVIEWS
Flotec’s FPPM3600D-01/09 is the top quality Sump Pumps that has 1/3 HP. Performance of this sump pump makes it unique with the extensive feature thus best choice for the home owners. Flotec pedestal sump pump works with higher performance of discharging the 3480 Gallons Per Hour of water at the zero lift and 2,460 Gallons Per Hour at the 10 foot head.
FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
- This Sump Pump requires only 12 inch diameter so that this pump could be operated under any small location.
- The electric motor used in this pump draws at the modest of 3.5A and the pump is protected by the thermal overload circuitry so that it would be completely safer for dewatering the sump.
- Flotec FPPM3600D-01/09 is one of the best pedestal sump pump ever because it operates at the 115-120VAC GFCI outlet and has the 6 feet power cord for connecting the power socket.
- This sump pump would be the best chance for making the basement remains as the dry bone even in the heavy winter season when the basements are flooding.
- This Pump has the working temperature of the motor that is worked in the 35 F and 77 F temperature of the basement.
- The rugged 1/3 HP motor provides more performance with the faster way of dewatering and provides the heavy duty operation.
- Top screened inlet meshed that screens and prevents the clogging from the debris present in the water.
- Therefore, the non clogging impeller is used in the sump pump for increasing the stability in the water suction.
- 1.25 inch NPT discharge outlet is inserted in the pump for the standard size discharge plumbing so that it gives the higher performance in the extensive manner.
- The overall weight of the pump is 17 lbs and it comes with the thermoplastic as well as cast iron construction.
The Wayne SPV500 1/3 HP Pedestal Sump Pump is the remarkable Pump that has extensive durability with the beautiful crafted housing. Wayne pedestal sump pump have the awesome powerful motor that have the solid cast iron pump for exterior and interior protection.
FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
- This wayne sump pump gives the best option for increasing the maximum flow of water with this simple installation.
- The Wayne SPV500 1/3 HP motor has the water suction of 3100 Gallons Per Hour of water.
- This sump pump motor provides the higher performance with the extensive way of dewatering the Sump in the short time.
- The higher performance gives you easier chance of fast rotating shaft in the motor for dewatering in the faster manner.
- This is one of the best pedestal sump pumps model which provides the maximum flow with the 1 1/2″ discharge of water in the extensive manner.
- Steel column in the Pump is the best option for providing the reliable service of water suction.
- This is a brand new model of sump pumps which are available in the market and many number of people are preferring to use this for the residential purposes.
- There are many advantages of operating this Sump Pump for faster way of dewatering from the sump.
- This pump also have the Coated steel column with the stainless steel fasteners so that it gives the longer durability in the extensive manner.
- This sump pump is the corrosion resistance which would be useful for increasing the strength of the motor for longer operation.
- This Pump can be fit in any of the 11 inch diameter and it performance the automatic operation of dewatering in the extensive manner.
- Top suction design is useful for suction of clear water from the Sump.
Superior Pump 92301 1/3 HP Pedestal Pump has the capacity for moving water of 50 Gallon per minute. The higher performance of the Superior Pump 92301 Pedestal Pump gives it superior option for the home owners for the water suction within few minutes. This pedestal pump has the cast iron construction so that it will be useful to get the longer durability in the extensive manner.
FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
- Fully adjustable automatic float switch is used in the motor for turning the Pump On and Off.
- It is completely safe for operating this Pump for the water suction at great height.
- This Pedestal Pump is the powerful and energy efficient Pump that works at the power of 120-Volt AC – 2.76 Amp.
- The Sump Pump has the thermally protected motor for the longer durability and protection.
- The Cast Iron Pedestal Pump has the stainless steel impeller, 1-1/4 in. FIP discharge, stainless steel float ball, 10 ft. water proof power cord and many more for the extensive operation of the pump under any circumstances.
- This sump pump has the top inlets to get the increased water flow in the short time.
- 3 year warranty is provided for the Sump Pump for giving the higher protection.
- Fully adjustable type automatic switch is installed in the convenient place for the user to operate the Pump anytime.
- This Pedestal Pump can easily handle the liquids up to 180°F.
- Pedestal Pump has the permanent split capacitor that continuous duty motor.
- Cast iron is provided with the black and silver so that it has the best class options for the home operation of water suction.
- Overall weight of the product is 25 lbs that will gives the best way for installing this superior pump 92301 anywhere for water suction.
Do it Pedestal Sump Pump is utilizes a standalone motor for its operation and it sump pump can be installed on the floor of the basement obviously hose is fed down into the sump reservoir. Do it Pedestal Sump Pump highly best choice for the budget conscious people at the same time it will last longer. The Do it Sump Pump is not susceptible to water damage so it can be last at least two to three times longer over any other types. In general, this sump pump designed with rugged and cast iron pump base, in addition to this the epoxy-coated steel column gives long life span.
FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
- Overall, the Do it Pedestal Sump Pump features a unique design that eliminates air locks & clogging from debris.
- Apart from that, this sump pump only needs standard plumbing installation so it is easy to handle and use, moreover you no need to hire professional installation services.
- The adjustable on and off levels completely ensures your comfort level.
- You can easily replace most submersible pumps with ease.
- In general, a do it pedestal pump comes in two pieces that include standalone motor and hose.
- Normally, these sump pumps are widely used when there is narrow or any shallow sump pit.
Benefits Of Do It Pedestal Sump Pump
- High-performance motor
- Filters debris and clogging
- Easy installation
- Easy Access
- Adjustable float switches for easy changes etc
If you experience any problems with this Pedestal Sump Pump you can easily replace the damaged parts so it is the best choice forever.
RELATED PRODUCTS :-
Zoeller 84-0001 is the pedestal sump pumps that are designed to use superiorly indoor residential as well as light commercial dewatering application system. The Old Faithful 84 Pedestal Pump is suitable for transferring the groundwater in the absolute style. Zoeller 84-0001 is designed with the motor that is mounted above pit cover and it is completely protected from the water, high humidity, and water spray. Zoeller 84-0001 Pedestal Pump is highly useful to transfer the unwanted water away from the building, basement, and foundations. Each of the pumps is built with the non-corrodible materials that ensure the longer service life without any hassle.
FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
- Each and every Zoeller pump is 100% factory tested for ensuring the quality and reliability.
- In fact, Old Faithful series are trouble free performance so that it would be quite suitable for enjoying highest benefits in the absolute style.
- Zoeller 84-0001 is “Old Faithful” pedestal sump series designed especially to use for light commercial as well as indoor residential dewatering applications.
- Of course, this pump is designed with the motor that is mounted above pit cover so it is completely protected from the water and high humidity.
- The machine can be used in the containers with the size of 18″ x 22″ or 46x56cm.
- Chemically resistant polyethylene float will operate the positive displacement switch along the 12″ adjustable cycle normally suitable for enhancing the process.
- Pump housing top has been designed to serve a better strainer capable of passing the lint along with the small solids.
READ MORE +