A sump pump is an essential appliance for anyone who owns a home in a flood-prone area. It helps pump water out of your basement or crawl space, preventing flooding and water damage. The Liberty Pumps 260 is our top pick for a 1/6 HP submersible utility pump.
This versatile little pump can be used for various tasks, including removing water from aquariums, draining water heaters, and more. It’s also great for general household use, such as emptying clogged sinks and tubs.
This blog post will provide an overview of the Liberty Pumps 260, including its features, pros, and cons. By the end, you should have a good idea of whether this pump suits your needs.
- 1 First Impressions
- 2 Customer Feedback and Ratings
- 3 Benefits and Drawbacks
- 4 Strongest Features
- 5 Is It Worth Purchasing?
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7 Conclusion
The Liberty Pumps 260 is a compact and lightweight pump (only 7.5 pounds) that is easy to carry and store. It features a 1/6 HP motor that can move up to 23 gallons of water per minute. The pump also has a built-in thermoplastic base for durability and corrosion resistance.
The Liberty Pumps 260 is designed for easy use. The float switch assembly is pre-wired, so you must plug it in and start pumping. There is also an integrated carrying handle for portability.
Customer Feedback and Ratings
The Liberty Pumps 260 has mostly positive customer feedback. It is rated 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon, with 282 reviews. 80% of customers gave it a perfect 5-star rating, and 12% gave it a 4-star.
Many customers note that the Liberty Pumps 260 is easy to set up and use. They also appreciate how lightweight and portable the pump is. Others appreciated the built-in carrying handle.
However, some reviewers note that the pump comes in poor condition, which is expected with any submersible pump.
Benefits and Drawbacks
- Easy to install and maintain.
- Comes in a small footprint (7 x 7 x 9.5 inches).
- It even features a removable bottom filter for easy cleaning and convenience during maintenance tasks.
- Very lightweight (7.5 pounds only!)
- Its 8 feet long power cord could provide easy access and control of equipment in any installation.
- This allows you to pump out water in your desired area easily.
- Its thermoplastic built will provide enhanced protection against stress, impact, and corrosion.
- It can last longer than metal since it won’t suffer damage while staying in constantly damp areas.
- Since it won’t get corroded or damaged, you can expect it to serve you for many years.
- It has a 2-year warranty, thus allowing you to replace any broken or faulty parts.
- It is very lightweight. Weighing only 7.5 pounds, you can easily carry the unit to your basement.
- The system is minimal by itself.
- It only has a 1/6 Horsepower motor which is not powerful enough for some severe water pumping from your basement.
- If you need a heavy-duty pump, then it would be best to consider another option since the Liberty Pumps 260 sump pump won’t be able to help you when working with heavy water removals.
- No ON/OFF switch is present in the system.
- Very low capacity of 23 GPM.
- This only means that you will need to plug the cord in and out each time you use it.
- This is sometimes annoying and time-consuming and is a hassle for those who are conscious of safety issues and would like a safer solution for their water pumping needs.
- Thermoplastic body resists impact, stress, and corrosion
- 8-Foot power cord
- Removable bottom screen for easy cleaning
- Self-cleaning trash-type impeller
- Thermal overload protection
The Liberty Pumps 260 sump pump has many unique features that you will surely find amazing. These features will make you feel comfortable knowing that your basement will be in safe hands.
The system is made out of thermoplastic which helps in protecting the product from corrosion. However, it also protects the unit from any stress or impact.
It has a 1/6 Horsepower motor with a discharge pump hose of ¾ inch. Its 8 feet power cord provides easy access and control of the unit. It even has a removable filter screen, allowing you to easily maintain the product and troubleshoot it in case issues arise.
The manufacturer has integrated thermal overload protection into the system to prevent it from suffering burnout. This is a nice feature because it will help you save on repair and replacement costs in the long run.
The Liberty Pumps 260 submersible sump pump is helpful for limited needs only, and its price follows the features it provides. However, its limited motor size means you can’t use it for heavy-duty purposes. Not to mention, the absence of an ON/OFF switch would mean that you have to plug the cord in and out of the outlet before and after each use.
Watch the video to know more about Liberty pumps:
Is It Worth Purchasing?
The Liberty Pumps 260 submersible sump pump is a good investment if you need a reliable and affordable product to take care of your light water pumping needs. However, if you require something more powerful, it would be best to look for another option like Liberty Pumps 257.
Overall, the Liberty Pumps 260 submersible sump pump is a good product as long as you understand its limitations. It is perfect for those who need an affordable and reliable solution for their light water pumping needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can you leave a utility pump on?
A sump pump can run for 6 to 24 hours without any issues. It depends on the rainfall and the size of your basement.
Can you use a utility pump to empty a swimming pool?
Yes, you can use a utility pump to empty a swimming pool. However, you need to ensure that the pump is big enough to handle the job and that it can reach the desired depth of the pool.
Can you use a utility pump to water your garden?
Yes, you can use a utility pump to water your garden.
Do utility pumps shut off automatically?
Yes, utility pumps shut off automatically when they are not needed. The float switch is responsible for turning the pump on and off. When the water level rises, the float switch will activate the pump. When the water level drops, the float switch will deactivate the pump.
Where are Liberty Pumps made?
Liberty Pumps are made in Bergen, NY in the USA. This rural upstate community is better known for its agriculture and farming than its manufacturing history.
The Liberty Pumps 260 submersible sump pump is a wise purchase if you need a dependable and cheap solution to your light water pumping requirements. If you want something more powerful, it would be better to search for another alternative, such as the Liberty Pumps 257.
Overall, the Liberty Pumps 260 submersible sump pump is a decent product if you know what to expect. It’s ideal for people who need an inexpensive and dependable water pumping solution.Buy on Amazon