There are lots of things to consider when it comes to choosing the right product from the many sump pumps available out there in the market. One thing you should consider is the type of sump pump which could suits well with your needs and preferences. Since there are lots of them in the market, you will need to look for one which can serve you for a long period of time.
The Liberty Pumps 260 1/6 Horsepower sump pump from Liberty Pumps is a submersible type sump pump which you might want to consider for your water pumping needs. Despite being a new addition to the sump pump market, it has gathered a significant amount of positive reviews from homeowners who have already tried using the system.
Features of the Liberty Pumps 260 Submersible Sump Pump
The Liberty Pumps 260 sump pump has a lot of amazing features which you will surely find amazing. Not to mention, these features will make you feel comfortable knowing that your basement will be in safe hands. The system is made out of thermoplastic which helps in protecting the product from corrosion. However, it also provides the unit with protection from any kind of stress or impact. It has a 1/6 Horsepower motor with a discharge pump hose of ¾ inch. Its 8 feet power cord provides easy access and control of the unit. It even has a removable filter screen which will allow you to easily maintain the product and troubleshoot it in case issues arise. Lastly, the manufacturer has integrated a thermal overload protection to the system to prevent it from suffering burnout.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- It even features a removable bottom filter for easy cleaning and convenience during maintenance tasks.
- Its 8 feet long power cord could provide you with easy access and control of equipment in any type of installation.
- This allows you to easily pump out water in your desired area.
- Its thermoplastic built will provide enhanced protection against stress and impact as well as corrosion.
- Compared to metal, it can last longer since it won’t suffer from damage while staying within constantly damp areas.
- Since it won’t get corroded or damaged, you can expect it to serve you for many years.
- It has a 2 year warranty thus allowing you to replace any broken or faulty parts with ease
- It is very lightweight. Weighing only 16.9 pounds, you can easily carry the unit towards your basement.
- The system is very limited by itself.
- It only has a 1/6 Horsepower motor which is not powerful enough for some serious domestic water pumping from your basement.
- If you need a heavy duty pump, then it would be best to consider other option since the Liberty Pumps 260 sump pump won’t be able to help you when working with heavy water removals.
- No ON/OFF switch present in the system.
- This only means that you will need to plug the cord in and out each time you are going to use it.
- This is sometimes annoying and time consuming, and is a hassle for those who are conscious about safety issues and would like a safer solution for their water pumping needs.
The Liberty Pumps 260 submersible sump pump is useful for limited needs only, and its price is in accordance with the features it provides. However, its limited motor size means you can’t use it for heavy duty purposes. Not to mention, the absence of ON/OFF switch would mean that you have to plug the cord in and out of the outlet before and after each use.