A sump pump is essential for keeping your basement dry, especially if you live in an area with a lot of rainfall. Unfortunately, there are many types and sizes of sump pumps available on the market, and it is not easy to choose the right one for your needs.
If you’re looking for a high-quality and reliable 1/3 HP cast-iron submersible pump, you’ll want to check out the Superior Pump 92341. This pump is one of the most popular choices on the market, and for a good reason. It’s designed for durability and performance and has several features that make it an excellent choice for your needs.
After doing a lot of research, we have decided that the Superior Pump 92341 is the best 1/3 HP cast-iron submersible pump for most people. This blog post will tell you everything you need to know about this pump, including its features, benefits, and drawbacks.
Keep reading to learn more about the Superior Pump 92341 and decide if it’s the right choice for you.
- 1 First Impressions
- 2 Customer Feedback and Ratings
- 3 Benefits and Drawbacks
- 4 Strongest Features
- 5 Is It Worth Purchasing?
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7 Conclusion
The Superior Pump 92341 is a cast-iron submersible pump designed for durability and performance. It has a 1/3 HP motor and can move up to 2760 gallons of water per hour. The pump also features a float switch that automatically turns the pump on when the water level rises. In addition, it has a thermal overload protection system that prevents the motor from overheating.
The Superior Pump 92341 is a great choice for use in various applications, including basements, crawl spaces, and laundry tubs. It’s also a good choice for people who live in areas with a lot of rainfall.
Customer Feedback and Ratings
The Superior Pump 92341 has an average customer rating of 4.6 stars on Amazon.com off 1713 total ratings. This pump is one of the most popular choices on the market and has many positive customer reviews.
Many customers say this pump is very easy to install and use and works great. Several customers also mention that this pump is very quiet, which is a great benefit.
There are a few negative customer reviews, but most of them are about problems caused by incorrect installation or user error. Overall, the customer feedback for the Superior Pump 92341 is very positive.
Benefits and Drawbacks
- Cast iron construction for durability
- 1/3 HP motor for powerful water pumping
- Float switch for automatic operation
- A thermal overload protection system to prevent motor overheating
- Can move up to 2760 gallons of water per hour
- Quiet operation
- Easy to install and use
- 25 ft vertical power
- Very handy with standing water
- People complain about trouble handling gunk
- Heavier than most submersible pumps
- Not a good option for large spaces
- 1/3 HP Sump pump moves up to 2,760 gallons per hour; pump will lift water up to 25' of vertical height
- Rugged cast iron construction; 10-foot cord length
- Vertical float switch to automatically turn the pump on/off. Switch on and off point is 6 and 2 inches
- 1-1/2 inch NPT discharge for high capacity pumping
- Superior Pumps are Built to Last, engineered with quality components and are 100% factory tested
The Superior 92341 pump, which has a cast-iron enclosure and a powerful 1/3 HP motor, comes with an integrated float switch.
- This switch is designed to automatically activate the pump when the water level in the sump pit rises to a certain point.
- The Superior 92341 also has a thermal overload protection system. This system is designed to prevent the motor from overheating, and it includes a reset button that can be used to restart the motor if it does overheat.
- The Superior 92341 can move up to 2760 gallons of water per hour, and it is designed for use in various applications, including basements, crawl spaces, and laundry tubs.
- The pump is heavier than most submersible pumps (16.95 Pounds), but it is still easy to install and use.
- The 92341 is an energy-efficient pump that can save you money on your energy bill.
- A 10-foot cord is included with the pump.
- For high-capacity pumping, the discharge is 1-1/2 inches NPT.
- If you’re concerned about too much water collecting, a float switch placed vertically may be your best choice.
- This superior 92341 sump pump is also constructed with side and bottom intakes, giving it a clog-resistant suction when pumping.
- The automatic vertical float switch will enable the Superior 92341 sump pump to operate within confined sumps.
- A piggyback plug is included for applications where you may need to use this.
- The Superior 92341 can lift the water up to 25ft in vertical height.
- An energy-efficient motor is included with this submersible pump at 4.1 amps.
Is It Worth Purchasing?
The Superior Pump 92341 is a great choice for people looking for an easy-to-use, reliable pump. It’s also a good choice for people who live in areas with a lot of rainfall.
The pump is made from durable materials and has a powerful motor so that it can handle a variety of applications. It’s also easy to install and use. The Superior Pump 92341 is an excellent choice for people looking for an affordable, reliable pump.
I would only say that if you have a lot of gunk in your water, this might not be the best choice for you. Some people have complained about the pump getting clogged quickly.
The Superior Pump 92341 is an excellent choice for people looking for an easy-to-use, reliable pump.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can a submersible pump run continuously?
A submersible pump can typically run for up to 24 hours at a time before it needs to be turned off to prevent overheating. However, it is important to check the manufacturer’s instructions to be sure.
What is the difference between a submersible pump and a utility pump?
A submersible pump is designed to be submerged in water, while a utility pump is not. As a result, submersible pumps are typically used to remove water from basements or crawl spaces. In contrast, utility pumps are used for a variety of applications, including draining pools and ponds.
What is an Anti-Airlock hole?
The anti-airlock hole is a small hole drilled in the side of the pump. This hole prevents air from being trapped in the pump, which can cause the pump to overheat and shut off.
The Superior Pump 92341 is a great choice for people looking for an affordable, reliable pump. It’s made from durable materials, has a powerful motor, and is easy to install and use.
However, if you have a lot of gunk in your water, this might not be the best choice. Some people have complained about the pump getting clogged easily.