During a rain event, this should provide you with the peace of mind that your basement will stay dry. It is a good idea to have a backup pump if you are in a situation where your primary sump pump moves a lot of water each day, because in the event of a breakdown, you will end up with a lot of water in your basement.
The battery charger which comes with the unit allows battery to be fully recharged when power is present.
The product includes all necessary fittings and check valves for proper installation. You will need to purchase a 12 volt battery though, for the unit to work.
Features of the Zoeller 507-0005 Basement Sentry Battery Backup Pump
- Provides extra protection when the primary AC pump fails due to power outages or any other reason
- All models have battery burn out and overcharge
- Model 507 has a self contained 10 amp battery recharger
- All systems are fully solid state automatic controllers with alarms, light indicators and have warning systems
- NOTE: Sump Pump and Battery are not included, and they must be purchased separately
This product gives you piece of mind so that during rain events, you do not have to worry about your basement becoming flooded in the event of your main pump failing.
The framework highlights an independent 10A smart battery charger for a 12VDC deep cycle battery, which is excluded. It anticipates battery wear out or cheating. LED lights demonstrate the present charge state of the battery and a perceptible caution sounds at 20-minute interims to let you know when the 507-0005 pump is locked in. The pump itself utilizes a dependable vertical buoy switch and an inherent substantial obligation check valve that adjusts to either a 1.25-inch or 1.5-inch release pipe.
Additionally included with the Zoeller battery reinforcement sump pump is a tough, polyethylene battery box, which suits any 12V Group 27 marine-review, profound cycle battery. The battery must be obtained independently. A deep cycle battery with a 105Ah rating supplies roughly 7.5 hours of constant obligation pumping and more if the pump is cycling on and off.
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 7.8 x 12.5 inches
- Weight 9 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 18 pounds
- Power Source – battery powered
- Voltage 12 volts
- Item model number: 507-0005
- Warranty – 1 Year Warranty
- The battery back pump kicks on and alarm sounds
- Provides everything necessary for a minimal installation
- Installs easily if you follow the directions
- Includes the check valve to prevent water from falling back into your sump pit
- The round plastic cover on the water intake on the pump can cause an air leak after prolonged use
- The mini check valve that Zoeller uses on their backup pumps can sometimes fail
User Ratings and Reviews
Of the customers who have left feedback for the Zoeller 507-0005 Basement Sentry Battery Backup Pump have given it an average rating of 3.5 stars.
This is not a particularly good rating and reflects opinion of one third of the customers regarding the quality and performance of the pump. To read about what customers had to say about this pump, you can read the reviews HERE.
The Zoeller 507-0005 Basement Sentry Battery Backup Pump should not be your first choice if you are going to purchase a backup pump based on feedback from customers. While some customers experienced no issues with this pump, others clearly did and if you are not going to be able to have confidence in the pump, it is better not to waste your money on it.